• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

plug and burn problem

kcvet

Question

this one is a little strange. I have an HP desktop with XP home. so far ive burned two tapes with no problems. but now ive run into a snag.

on page 1 of of plug and burn when i insert the DVD the E drive always pops up a box that ask you what you want to do. that's normal. and DVD is in the "disc type" box. and the "next" tab is active.

but when i close the the pop up the "next tab" is grayed out. I can stop the pop up but in its place is a large white E box.

any ideas???? thanks for any help

8 answers to this question

OK, let us know how that works for you.

ok jim. the "use capture" worked to perfection. but i need your help with the burn. in use capture the vid was moved over to the large payned called "recently imported".

I opened up create DVD which is called my DVD. wow. this software is way over my head. help !!!!

Gary

ok jim. the "use capture" worked to perfection. but i need your help with the burn. in use capture the vid was moved over to the large payned called "recently imported".

I opened up create DVD which is called my DVD. wow. this software is way over my head. help !!!!

Gary

And this is the Easy version :lol:

Not really, this is complicated stuff and you will just have to learn.

Now the MyDVD, you need to click on the Add new Movie button at the left and point it to your captured movie.

A skullbuster for me was that you Open saved Projects but ADD movie clips... Went nuts before I figured that one out.

And this is the Easy version :lol:

Not really, this is complicated stuff and you will just have to learn.

Now the MyDVD, you need to click on the Add new Movie button at the left and point it to your captured movie.

A skullbuster for me was that you Open saved Projects but ADD movie clips... Went nuts before I figured that one out.

thanks. that's the easy way to. my way was a few more clicks. it saves the movie to your PC. it was in my docs>my movies. so you just import that back in and burn it. I have another burner software that will convert it to wide screen.

thanks for the help. to bad plug and burn does not work. that's childs play

Vet

P&B is a booby trap!

After you put all that time into it and have it fail for some reason at the end, you will know what I am talking about...

Last week a HD project failed in 2010 after 51 hours of rendering... That was day 3 and I was not a happy camper! But all of my files are in tact so I merely opened them in another (newer) PC and it had them done in 12 hours.

Had either been a P&B project, I would have had to start from scratch...

P&B is a booby trap!

After you put all that time into it and have it fail for some reason at the end, you will know what I am talking about...

Last week a HD project failed in 2010 after 51 hours of rendering... That was day 3 and I was not a happy camper! But all of my files are in tact so I merely opened them in another (newer) PC and it had them done in 12 hours.

Had either been a P&B project, I would have had to start from scratch...

and I stepped on the booby trap. P&B is the fastest way to do it. but it just has to work. I submitted it to tech support but never heard back. this morning i got an email from them saying since i didn't reply the case is closed. I took the survey, it asked which method of support i preferred. email, online, or by phone. phone??? i never knew they had phone support.

you get 5 stars for helping me here. have a great holiday season Vet