• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2010 Pro Missing Device Selection Buttons

RovinRalph

Question

Under Win 7 Pro, on video capture screen, no default device, not even the video card which documentation indicates should be seen; no selection buttons beside the 3 options: Transfer videos from camcorders; Input video from DVDs; Capture video from Video Capture Card. My input was to be a composite source.

I updated my EVGA nVidia GeForce 7800 GT driver; updated C2010 Pro to SP1 - neither solved the problem.

Firewire source and USB Webcam acquired immediately and automatically when connected.

Under XP Pro, no problems - no buttons because selections were made within a drop-down box. My update to Win 7 was a clean install to a reformated C partition.

I hope someone who reads this has a working solution - I've been fighting with this for over a week and I need to process this video ASAP - Many thanks!!!

Ralph

9 answers to this question

Which application are you using? I don't see these choices in Media Import. From the Home application, click on Video/Movie on the left and then Capture Video in the right pane.

Thanks for responding. The options I'm referring to are on the next screen after the one you grabbed in your response. The next screen begins with a colored box with "Video" inside, followed by the instruction: "Select media type then device." Since "Video" is the only option offered, I didn't need to respond. After this the box with the "no device" info came up, followed by additional instructions to click on a button to select and the three options I denoted in my original query - the implication is that each of those options should have a button in front for selection purposes - no buttons are displayed there for me to click on, designating my selection, so I'm "dead in the water." If I click in the space before the "hyphen" beginning each option (just in case the only problem was the button not being displayed), the whole option highlights, but no action results. By the way, the software I'm using is "Creator 2010 Pro" which doesn't seem to have its own category. I hope all this clarification helps. Thanks! Ralph

What is your active (pluged in) video input device?

In this particular instance, my input was a Sony SVHS video recorder, analog out . . . however, my graphics card should have been identified by C2010, even with nothing plugged in, which it was under XP Pro, and according to C2010 documentation. All video, regardless of flavor . . . composite, component, digital, S . . . is accessed by that video card. Thanks for asking! Ralph

I researched your EVGA nVidia GeForce 7800 GT video card and I didn't find an analog input port. So why do you expect Roxio to detect it as an active input source?

Same thing I found… The ports on the card are for output and cannot be used to import a signal...

Do you have an Analogue-to-Digital converter? If not consider Roxio's Video Capture USB device.

I researched your EVGA nVidia GeForce 7800 GT video card and I didn't find an analog input port. So why do you expect Roxio to detect it as an active input source?

Dear Big Dave . . . and Jim,

Thanks for not just assuming what I've posted was correct and taking the time to check out my graphics card. In addition to the dual monitor conx on the back of the card, there's also a conx for an "umbilical" set of inputs/outputs - inputs are composite and S-Video and outputs are S-Video and Component.

Before I upgraded to Win 7 Pro from XP Pro, I ran Roxio's Creator 10 Suite for months and experienced no problems "seeing" the card and processing video via that software.. "My" problem reared its ugly head when I dumped XP Pro, reformatted my C: partition, installed Win 7 Pro and installed Creator 2010 Pro.

I hope this is helpful and thanks for taking the time to dialogue.

Ralph

Ralph,

Your cable that has "umbilical" set of ouputs and is probably used to connect your camera to a video input port (conposite svhs component). The ports on your video card in your PC are ouput ports to connect your PC video card to a monitor.

What is the exact model of your Sony Camera? Perhaps we can look it up and see what you "umbilical" cable looks like.

Under Win 7 Pro, on video capture screen, no default device, not even the video card which documentation indicates should be seen; no selection buttons beside the 3 options: Transfer videos from camcorders; Input video from DVDs; Capture video from Video Capture Card. My input was to be a composite source.
Which application are you using? I don't see these choices in Media Import. From the Home application, click on Video/Movie on the left and then Capture Video in the right pane.

post-49-1260626012.jpg

Archived