• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 1316 on 2009 Ultimate 64 bit SoundSoap update

rpc981

Question

I have a new HP desktop with an I7-920 processor (64 bit) running Windows 7. I re-installed Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate on it and got a compatibility message when I tried to run it. The Roxio support site said to download the BIAS Soundsoap 64 bit update which I did in the form of a zip file. I then unzipped it and ran the .exe file which started the install. Half way thru the install I got Error 1316: Network error occured attempting to read BIAS SoundSoap SE 2.1.3.msi. I can't seem to get around the error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

I have a new HP desktop with an I7-920 processor (64 bit) running Windows 7. I re-installed Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate on it and got a compatibility message when I tried to run it. The Roxio support site said to download the BIAS Soundsoap 64 bit update which I did in the form of a zip file. I then unzipped it and ran the .exe file which started the install. Half way thru the install I got Error 1316: Network error occured attempting to read BIAS SoundSoap SE 2.1.3.msi. I can't seem to get around the error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Creator 2009 does not run in Windows 7.

Creator 2009 does not run in Windows 7.

Wow - that was like a stab to the heart! What kind of company would sell you an expensive piece of software and 6 months later make it worthless? Corporate greed I guess. Fool me once.... Nero - here I come!

Wow - that was like a stab to the heart! What kind of company would sell you an expensive piece of software and 6 months later make it worthless? Corporate greed I guess. Fool me once.... Nero - here I come!

Don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger and don't work for Roxio.

Creator 2009 came out in August 2008. Windows 7 came out in October of this year? Do the math. ;)

No disrespect, but I bought it at the end of June, 2009. By then Windows 7 had been in beta more than a year so they had plenty of time to make adjustments. How hard can it be - Win 7 is pretty much a fixed version of Vista so tweaking Creator 2009 for it should have been a no-brainer. Seems like planned obsolescence to me just to get me (I should say us cuz I'm not alone by a long shot) to pop for a new version. Lucky for me (us) there are other choices out there...

No disrespect, but I bought it at the end of June, 2009. By then Windows 7 had been in beta more than a year so they had plenty of time to make adjustments. How hard can it be - Win 7 is pretty much a fixed version of Vista so tweaking Creator 2009 for it should have been a no-brainer. Seems like planned obsolescence to me just to get me (I should say us cuz I'm not alone by a long shot) to pop for a new version. Lucky for me (us) there are other choices out there...

You would have to talk to Roxio about your concerns.

Have a good day, and good luck with your other choices.