• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need ability to remove commercials from Tivo Transfers

seriphos

Question

Hi All,

I've got a Mac, TiVo HD, iPhone, and iPod Touch. I want to be able to transfer my TiVo shows (SD & HD) to my mac and then remove the commercials. I would then like the ability to transfer the commercial free shows to my iPhone & iPod Touch.

Can you please recommend the easiest way to get this accomplished? I'd prefer to have a solution all in one software package, but if I have to use more than one, that's ok too.

I haven't purchased any software yet, though I did notice that TiVo is offering toast 10 platinum as the solution to offload TiVo recordings.

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holidays,

George

4 answers to this question

Can you please recommend the easiest way to get this accomplished? I'd prefer to have a solution all in one software package, but if I have to use more than one, that's ok too.

I have been successful using Toast and moving TV shows to my iPod (video, pre-classic), and rather than removing the commercials, I simply skip over them using chapter jumping. Toast has the ability to set chapter marks at various intervals. I simply use one minute as the interval, and when a commercial comes on, I hit the right side ("east" position) of my clickwheel once or twice, and the commercial is history.

My suspicion is that you'll spend a lot more time finding the start and end of commercials with editing software than you would spend just clicking by, and if you used some automatic feature, you'll likely miss wanted content.

Good luck.

Hi All,

I've got a Mac, TiVo HD, iPhone, and iPod Touch. I want to be able to transfer my TiVo shows (SD & HD) to my mac and then remove the commercials. I would then like the ability to transfer the commercial free shows to my iPhone & iPod Touch.

I haven't purchased any software yet, though I did notice that TiVo is offering toast 10 platinum as the solution to offload TiVo recordings.

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holidays,

George

Seeing as this is a Roxio-operated board, it wouldn't be right to talk about other products that provide this capability. I can suggest that you look in the TiVo Home Media Forums at www.tivocommunity.com -- you might find something there.

- Bob

Seeing as this is a Roxio-operated board, it wouldn't be right to talk about other products that provide this capability. I can suggest that you look in the TiVo Home Media Forums at www.tivocommunity.com -- you might find something there.

- Bob

Lame

:glare: No kidding, I thought this place was supposed to be helpful and aid in solving problems and finding answers. That's about the lamest reply I've read.

Archived