sonic digitalmedia plus v7 will not burn dvd

mrhulot

Question

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

I have been quite happy with My Dvd Plus and burned many dvds from files on my computer. It is 3 years old now.

Now when I try to burn a dvd the light in my dvd burner blinks continously after I add a blank dvd to burn and when I click on copy I get a message saying checking media. Eventually I get a message that says time out. MyDVD plus will not burn dvds now. I have tried numerous blank dvds.

Is there a problem with my dvd plus or is it my dvd burner. the DVD player/burner will play dvds fine but am having trrouble making dvds.

I also noticed that when I put in a new sandisk SD card for my kodak video camera the computer would not read the card.

any suggestions appreciated.

regards, Robb

2 answers to this question

The first thing you need to know is that DVD burners have 2 different 'heads'. One for playing DVDs and one for burning.

HOWEVER, it might not be your DVD burner. If you've been updating your WinXP or updated service packs to SP3, that might have 'broken' the ability to burn DVDs with the Sonic program. Links on how to uninstall are here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

I don't know if that Sonic program has the ability to burn the DVD to the hard drive. If it does, that would tell you if it's the DVD burner or a software update that has caused your problem.

As to the SD disk, if you have pictures on it, I've no clue. You might try the Kodak website support.

The first thing you need to know is that DVD burners have 2 different 'heads'. One for playing DVDs and one for burning.

HOWEVER, it might not be your DVD burner. If you've been updating your WinXP or updated service packs to SP3, that might have 'broken' the ability to burn DVDs with the Sonic program. Links on how to uninstall are here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

I don't know if that Sonic program has the ability to burn the DVD to the hard drive. If it does, that would tell you if it's the DVD burner or a software update that has caused your problem.

As to the SD disk, if you have pictures on it, I've no clue. You might try the Kodak website support.

Thanks Digirtal Guru, I wiull try the uninstall.

regards, Robb

Archived