• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems with the After Playing link go to feature in MyDVD

thebeorn

Question

I am making a DVD. It’s a moderately complicated production but I have made a simple example of the problem.

I have two movies that I add to the main page. With the first movie I create three chapters and set the After Playing link return to the main page( both at the movie level and the chapter level).

If I then preview the project and play the first movie when it is done it works correctly and returns to the main page.

If I then preview the project and play the first movie and use the next button to go through the chapters when it gets to the last chapter it moves on to the second movie instead of going to the main page as it is supposed to.

It is the next button that is messing up and not looking at the After Playing info associated with the last the movie/last chapter instead it goes on to the second movie instead of returning to the main page.

In my opinion this is a bug that need to be fixed.

Use title action option for the chapter After Playing choice also only works if you do not use the next button.

How do you get the title music to play the whole song before repeating.

Thanks in advance for the input

5 answers to this question

Yikes another level of authoring. LOL, Roxio should increase your salery!! Of course I would have to get the Blue Ray version as this is all im going to be burning for myself from now on. 25-50 gigs just is too tempting as an offline form of backup and distribution. So that gets me up to the $500 program. It seems that most of the key features here for this product are for the output and design side of biz. All I want for Cristmas is a Next button that follows the normal ( expected) behavior of what would happen if I did nothing and let the movie run on its own....only FASTER. THe next button and the FF button are supposed to just do things faster not have new behavoirs lol that require upgrades......These guys must have very deep/old connections with MS as this is one of thier classic tricks from the past. Oh well..... for 500 bucks I can live with this ......Idiosyncrasy !! Much Thanks

I am making a DVD. It's a moderately complicated production but I have made a simple example of the problem.

I have two movies that I add to the main page. With the first movie I create three chapters and set the After Playing link return to the main page( both at the movie level and the chapter level).

If I then preview the project and play the first movie when it is done it works correctly and returns to the main page.

If I then preview the project and play the first movie and use the next button to go through the chapters when it gets to the last chapter it moves on to the second movie instead of going to the main page as it is supposed to.

It is the next button that is messing up and not looking at the After Playing info associated with the last the movie/last chapter instead it goes on to the second movie instead of returning to the main page.

In my opinion this is a bug that need to be fixed.

Use title action option for the chapter After Playing choice also only works if you do not use the next button.

How do you get the title music to play the whole song before repeating.

Thanks in advance for the input

What "next" button are you talking about? Did you also create a Chapter menu page when you created the chapter for movie 1?

You can't get the title sone to play the whole song - the menu is time limited.

If I then preview the project and play the first movie and use the next button to go through the chapters when it gets to the last chapter it moves on to the second movie instead of going to the main page as it is supposed to
That is working like it should. Jim is correct that the remote overrides what you have set in MyDVD. It would work the same in any other software.

What "next" button are you talking about? Did you also create a Chapter menu page when you created the chapter for movie 1?

He is referring to the Next button on the 'remote' while viewing, that jumps you to the next chapter.

I believe it is working as intended…

I think when you hit the button it jumps to the Next chapter. If you at the last chapter in Movie 1 (the one that is set to return to main menu), hitting Next overrides the settings because you commanded it to jump to the next chapter

To be honest, I have never sat down and read the Standards for a DVD Movie. To be completely honest, I doubt I could understand them :(

I look to commercial DVD Movies for parallels and I think I can find one... If you select a special feature which is a different movie, hitting Next does not take you to the next special feature movie

I think the answer is that MyDVD is not intended to be a full featured Authoring program. For that you would need DVDit 6 Pro ("Only $199.99") or DVDit Pro HD ("Only $499")

I don't know if they will do what you ask, but they look pretty complete – DVDit Pro

Archived