• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem with brightness/contrast

Ed_62

Question

Hi Folks,

Brand new user here. I made a movie with Windows Movie Maker, and it was saved as AVI. This was made from old 8mm movie film from the 1960s, and some parts are too dark/light or need contrast adjustments. When I split the clip in Video Wave to add the adjustments, it looked a little better, but when it played back, it was not smooth. It was almost as if it were playing a frame at a time, giving a "jerky" motion. Any thoughts on this? Any help will be much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Hi Folks,

Brand new user here. I made a movie with Windows Movie Maker, and it was saved as AVI. This was made from old 8mm movie film from the 1960s, and some parts are too dark/light or need contrast adjustments. When I split the clip in Video Wave to add the adjustments, it looked a little better, but when it played back, it was not smooth. It was almost as if it were playing a frame at a time, giving a "jerky" motion. Any thoughts on this? Any help will be much appreciated.

A bit more information please... How did you play back the video? In a preview or from a VW rendered video file? You have not really told us exactly what you are doing.

A bit more information please... How did you play back the video? In a preview or from a VW rendered video file? You have not really told us exactly what you are doing.

Thanks very much for the reply. I did not render the video. It was just as it appeared in the preview. The part that did not require correction played back as expected, but when it got to the part that was corrected, it was not playing smoothly. Is the preview window something that can not be relied on to indicate what the rendered video will be?

Is the preview window something that can not be relied on to indicate what the rendered video will be?
More or less... depends on your system. The preview is intentionally lower resolution so lower end PCs can still preview edits/transitions without prerendering. Video card issues or slower systems could cause jerky previews which will NOT affect the final output.

More or less... depends on your system. The preview is intentionally lower resolution so lower end PCs can still preview edits/transitions without prerendering. Video card issues or slower systems could cause jerky previews which will NOT affect the final output.

OK. Good to know. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions. :(

Archived