Sign in to follow this  
KH5500

RN9 in Vista won't write CD-Text

Since I upgraded to a new computer with Vista I am now having the same problem with RecordNow 9 which is allegedly Vista compliant. Even though all of the track title data shows where it should on the "Music Disc Creator" screen, on the the burned copy, while it plays beautifully, for some reason the track titles are not transferred to the newly burned disc, just 'Track 01, Track 02 etc. Which of course makes the label creation part a manual nightmare. All of the 'write CD text' checks have been enabled..., DMA is enabled. drivers have all been updated, I always burn at the slowest speed, and I've even tried an uninstall and a re-install. Nothing has worked. What's frustrating is that this software worked flawlessly on my old computer with XP. Hmmm? Any ideas? I submitted this problem into Roxio customer support. Hopefully their solution won't be to sell me the RecordNow 10 upgrade.

kh5500

Since I upgraded to a new computer with Vista I am now having the same problem with RecordNow 9 which is allegedly Vista compliant. Even though all of the track title data shows where it should on the "Music Disc Creator" screen, on the the burned copy, while it plays beautifully, for some reason the track titles are not transferred to the newly burned disc, just 'Track 01, Track 02 etc. Which of course makes the label creation part a manual nightmare. All of the 'write CD text' checks have been enabled..., DMA is enabled. drivers have all been updated, I always burn at the slowest speed, and I've even tried an uninstall and a re-install. Nothing has worked. What's frustrating is that this software worked flawlessly on my old computer with XP. Hmmm? Any ideas? I submitted this problem into Roxio customer support. Hopefully their solution won't be to sell me the RecordNow 10 upgrade.

kh5500

What are you using to play your CDs that isn't showing the track information? Is it on your PC? If so, what program are you playing it with? Some other device?

Let us know.

Few players actually use and display "CD-Text" when it is written on CDs. Windows Media Player for example, won't show this information without a special add-on being installed.

A neat, small, and free software player is the HACP player, downloadable here. It will show you if the Text you laboriously typed or downloaded has actually made it to the disc or not.

I guess I should have been more explicit. I know the track data is not on Windows Media Player and I appreciate the HACP suggestion. That's really not the issue. The issue is importing the CD text data from the newly burned CD to make labels and inserts. On every CD I have burned since upgrading(I even tried store bought CD's) the CD text information does not make it to the burned disc even though all the checks are in place to do so.. So my primary frustration and all I really care about at this time is creating CD labels and jewel box inserts. Neither the RecordNow 9 or Sure Thing Label creators can find any CD text data when you try to import from the newly burned CD's. Therefore every label needs to be manually created. In a random test of many XP created CD's I have..... all of the CD text data on those CD's burned on on my old(and gone) XP machine prior to the Vista upgrade is importable by both RN 9 and Sure Thing label creators. So, how do I get RecordNow9 to work as flawlessly on my new Vista machine as it did on my old XP computer?

kh5500

Right, your post has been moved into its own topic instead of being appended to a different topic.

I suggested the HACP player so you could see if CD-Text was actually making it to the burned discs, but now you've explained that you can read CD-Text off your discs written under XP but not under the new ones written under Vista, so you obviously don't need the HACP player.

If you're using the same software as before without newer updates, then the only reason I can think of for having no CD-Text is that you have something set differently. Some optical drives don't support CD-Text, but that's extremely unlikely in a new machine. I can't think of anything in Vista which should cause this problem, but I don't have a copy of version 9 of RN! to try it out with. Sorry. :(