• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating plain-Jane Audio CD's

aprasad

Question

I am running:

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.96B

Q1) Is there a way to create an old fashioned Audio CD (from WAV files or MP3 files) in Creator Classic?

Q2) Using the idiotic Audio CD application (from the Creator 8 Home):

How do remove the pre-gap of 2 seconds before the 1st track?

How do I ensure that CDText information is getting written?

Thanks.

Aloke

4 answers to this question

Thank you both for your replies..

I used to fire up Creator Classic for all my needs in previous versions. Version 8 is confusing for an experienced user (aka, one who doesn't read the manuals :-)

I understand completely. It took me awhile to get it through my head that Creator Classic no longer did Audio CDs. (I still have ECDC 5 installed too and use that on occasion when I want to see the "real" term, Disc-At-Once.)

I am running:

Q1) Is there a way to create an old fashioned Audio CD (from WAV files or MP3 files) in Creator Classic?

Thanks.

Aloke

Ans 1 No, you must use "Music Disc Creator"

Ans 2 That might be an artifact of using the wrong program. In Music Disc Creator, change (or use) the transition that does not have a fade in.

Ans 2 part 2. It should happen automatically if you have the tags. In Music Disc Creator, click on "Project Settings" (near the top) and make sure "add CD text is selected. Your player must be able to display the CD Text information.

I am running:

Thanks.

Aloke

Same answer as Steve for Q1, No, Audio CD creation has been taken out of Creator Classic and moved into Music CD Creator.

Q2) No, but then, the 2 second pre-gap before track 1 is a requirement for the CD Audio specification. Earlier versions of ECDC and EMC simply never showed you that it was there. It's always been there, so don't worry about it. To ensure CD-Text is written, make sure you leave the "Read Only" box checked, which is the new way of indicating that you're writing in DAO mode.

Hope that helps!

Archived