• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems with the save facility

joanieliz

Question

We recently had a hard drive issue which reqired reinstalling Windows (XP). Fortunately our latest back up, using Acronis True Image on to an external drive, was only days before.

After this, we decided to update Roxio Creator 9 and uninstalled it, then installed Roxio Creator 10. No problems. After a tidy up we attempted to do another back up with Acronis and got a message, "Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives".

We have used Acronis without problem for years and can only assume that Roxio Creator 10 does not like it. I understand this new version has its own back up, is it possible to disable this back up facility?

I know that Roxio dislikes Nero as I had to uninstall it when installing an earlier version of Roxio Creator.

We would welcome any suggestions.

Woodie

3 answers to this question

We recently had a hard drive issue which reqired reinstalling Windows (XP). Fortunately our latest back up, using Acronis True Image on to an external drive, was only days before.

After this, we decided to update Roxio Creator 9 and uninstalled it, then installed Roxio Creator 10. No problems. After a tidy up we attempted to do another back up with Acronis and got a message, "Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives".

We have used Acronis without problem for years and can only assume that Roxio Creator 10 does not like it. I understand this new version has its own back up, is it possible to disable this back up facility?

I know that Roxio dislikes Nero as I had to uninstall it when installing an earlier version of Roxio Creator.

We would welcome any suggestions.

Woodie

First of all what Roxio version do you really have? There is no such version as "Roxio Creator 10". There is a "Easy Media Creator 10" (now 2 versions old) and there is the latest: Roxio Creator 2010. To avoid a lot of confusion it is best to use the correct names.

I am assuming that you have Roxio Creator 2010. There is no compatibility problem between C2010 and Acronis. I have both installed and used them without any indication of any problems. There is absolutely no reason to disable any of the Roxio backup features. There was also no problems with Nero and Roxio on the same system. When Roxio still included Drag-to-Disc the only problem was the incompatibility between it and Neros packet writing software. Now Roxio no longer includes a packet writing package.

It could well be that your tidy up broke something.

First of all what Roxio version do you really have? There is no such version as "Roxio Creator 10". There is a "Easy Media Creator 10" (now 2 versions old) and there is the latest: Roxio Creator 2010. To avoid a lot of confusion it is best to use the correct names.

I am assuming that you have Roxio Creator 2010. There is no compatibility problem between C2010 and Acronis. I have both installed and used them without any indication of any problems. There is absolutely no reason to disable any of the Roxio backup features. There was also no problems with Nero and Roxio on the same system. When Roxio still included Drag-to-Disc the only problem was the incompatibility between it and Neros packet writing software. Now Roxio no longer includes a packet writing package.

Thanks for your help and advise, you are right, it is Roxio Creator 2010 we have. We will reinstall Acronis and hopefully it will be fine. Yes it was drag to disc on an earlier version that disliked Nero, though Creator 9 requested Nero be uninstalled too!

Thankyou for your help and reassurance and apologies for my incorrect terminology, it was unhelpful of me.

Joanieliz

Thanks for your help and advise, you are right, it is Roxio Creator 2010 we have. We will reinstall Acronis and hopefully it will be fine. Yes it was drag to disc on an earlier version that disliked Nero, though Creator 9 requested Nero be uninstalled too!

Thankyou for your help and reassurance and apologies for my incorrect terminology, it was unhelpful of me.

Joanieliz

The only problem that I ever saw, with having Roxio and Nero on the same computer is the OS itself not allowing 2 different packet writing software programs, installled on the same computer. Therefore, if you have Roxio's Drag to Disc installed, you can't install Nero's InCD, or any other packet writing software. Using any packet writing software is a bad practice.

Archived