• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

burning tivo recorded programs

everettg

Question

I upgraded vista 32 bit to windows 7 32 bit and cannot burn tivo recorded programs with roxio 2010. Roxio keeps displaying a window that says the files are drm protected and cannot be burned. I know this is false because I have a laptop running vista and roxio 2009 which burns the very same recorded shows without any trouble. Anybody run into this problem and have a solution?

6 answers to this question

<!--quoteo(post=306075:date=Dec 14 2009, 03:33 PM:name=everettg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (everettg @ Dec 14 2009, 03:33 PM) [...] Anybody run into this problem and have a solution?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, it looks like your need to upgrade to Windows 7 did you in. Windows 7 tightened up DRM, and you just got bit.

Seriously? That's not a solution! :( Who is working on a fix for this? Tivo? Roxio? Microsoft? All of the above?

--Pete

Seriously? That's not a solution! :( Who is working on a fix for this? Tivo? Roxio? Microsoft? All of the above?

--Pete

It was an intentional change! Nobody is going to ‘fix’ anything…

I don’t have TiVo, but have you checked with them? There may be an update from them that will allow you to burn.

I upgraded vista 32 bit to windows 7 32 bit and cannot burn tivo recorded programs with roxio 2010. Roxio keeps displaying a window that says the files are drm protected and cannot be burned. I know this is false because I have a laptop running vista and roxio 2009 which burns the very same recorded shows without any trouble. Anybody run into this problem and have a solution?

Yes, it looks like your need to upgrade to Windows 7 did you in. Windows 7 tightened up DRM, and you just got bit.

Your problem isn't with Roxio - it's with Microsoft who stiffened up DRM in Windows 7.

No commercial app will break DRM on anything

Have yopu checked with Tivo themselves to see what has changed on their end?

They need to make clear that this doesn't work on Windows 7--or explain the reason why. I've paid for a product that is no use to me until they fix this.

You are correct, and Tivo should give you an answer. Please let the folks here know, what you find out from them.

Archived