Black Images Between Pictures

richlb

Question

I have created a production of images and when I burn the iso image (to a file not dvd) the s/w is inserting black images between some jpegs. Either single or multiple black images. I have tried to generate the iso image multiple times with no success. I have 4g of ram and large and fast drives. Any ideas (Roxio not being very helpful in responding to my ticket)???? Thanks..

8 answers to this question

Always the same images or does it vary when you have burned?

If they are always the same ones, malatekid found that if you do a minimum amount of editing of the image, that it may get rid of the issue. Double click on the image and apply a fine tune or a 1 pixel blur. You won't see that small amount. Try again. Note, the editing in Video Wave does not modify the original image on your computer.

If the black image varies, then it is definitely you computer and burning issues. Burn (encode) to an ISO (image file) and then copy the image file to the DVD. This problem happens when the computer can do the encoding and burning at the same time. Modifying it to a two step process should get rid of it.

Make sure you are using good quality discs, Memorex or store brands are not worth bring home.

It is a graphics card issue or lack of one…

Try going into Tools – Options – Render and set it to Software.

Clear the Proxy file while you are in there.

If that doesn’t help, post back with your PC specs, particularly the video card.

Hi Jim_Hardin,

I appreciate your recomendation. However, I tried setting render to s/w and have the same issue.

My pc specs are:

video card: pny geforce 9800 gt ee with 1gb

processor: dual core p4 3.2ghz

ram: 4 gb

hard drives: system is 500mb sata; drive writing the iso image to is 1tb sata

I am using the videowave app. At approximately 35% through the process I start to see the black panes instead of the pictures. The overall project is 50 minutes in length, all jpegs and 3.4g of disk space being used.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance as I have not received any response from roxio.

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Jim_Hardin,

I appreciate your recomendation. However, I tried setting render to s/w and have the same issue.

My pc specs are:

video card: pny geforce 9800 gt ee with 1gb

processor: dual core p4 3.2ghz

ram: 4 gb

hard drives: system is 500mb sata; drive writing the iso image to is 1tb sata

I am using the videowave app. At approximately 35% through the process I start to see the black panes instead of the pictures. The overall project is 50 minutes in length, all jpegs and 3.4g of disk space being used.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance as I have not received any response from roxio.

Thanks,

Rich

Several have reported trouble with the 9800 card and the recent drivers… You will need to rollback to an earlier driver until Nvidia gets it straight.

The black images are replacing pictures that are in the production.

...and you have checked that the images are not corrupted?

Have you tried with different files, or, for sake, replaced the suspicious images by the same that were displayed correctly?

I know, brute force trouble-shooting! ;)

Archived