• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Won't Install (Vista)

meshera

Question

Attempted to install VHS2DVD. It said the install was complete, but no icon was created on my desktop & I couldn't find the application under Program Files. Attempted to reinstall 2 more times, same thing. Looks like it only gets to step 1 of the setup "Installing MS.net v3.5 SP1", sits in the same spot for 10 min then says the install is complete.

I have Roxio Creator Basic v9 on my pc although I've never used it.

I gathered the following information about my HP Media Center PC which I've had for about 2 years:

Vista Home Premium SP1

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.4 Ghz

3 GB RAM

MS Windows ver 6 SP1

Win Media Player v11

I read that another version of Roxio couldn't be installed, so I tried to uninstall it. The uninstall failed because it said I had another installation in progress & had to finish it first (VHS2DVD).

Now what?

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

I am having the exact same problem with installation. However, I have a number of Roxio programs already on my computer because of my Lightscribe DVD burner. All of the drivers are Roxio. It appears that if I follow the instructions for a clean install, then I will remove all of my drivers for my burner. How do I perform a clean install while not erasing my other Roxio programs? Could the fact that I cannot install VHS2DVD be caused by a conflict with the other Roxio drivers? Thanks for any advice.

I am having the exact same problem with installation. However, I have a number of Roxio programs already on my computer because of my Lightscribe DVD burner. All of the drivers are Roxio. It appears that if I follow the instructions for a clean install, then I will remove all of my drivers for my burner. How do I perform a clean install while not erasing my other Roxio programs? Could the fact that I cannot install VHS2DVD be caused by a conflict with the other Roxio drivers? Thanks for any advice.

I think you are using some terms you don’t understand.

“Drivers” are for hardware.

The only “drivers” that Roxio makes are the ones for the Roxio Video Capture USB and the Roxio Audio Capture USB devices.

If you are asking if the Clean Install will cause you to delete your existing software, you bet it will!!!

Since that would be the only way to get the V2D software installed, do you see any other choice?

That phase (.NET) does take a long time to complete, so expect that.

However at this point you will need to follow the Roxio pre-install suggestions: KB Page

And then do the Clean Install process: Vista/Win7

Don't try to shortcut the process, do them step by step!

The only conflict is with Roxio Creator 2009. No other version conflict with V2D.

Archived