• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture

Dale_Lynn

Question

Can ROXIO 10 do video captures like from HULU.COM...... I have ROXIO 8 and can see no reason to update unless Ver. 10 can capture RTTP (RTP) data streams....

I know maybe tomorrow they will change protocols so its ineffectual, but as of today can it?

The thing is I would like to capture movies when they are available but maybe view at different time.... Also capture to archive (DVD) for use on portable viewer....

So can it?

Dale

2 answers to this question

Can ROXIO 10 do video captures like from HULU.COM...... I have ROXIO 8 and can see no reason to update unless Ver. 10 can capture RTTP (RTP) data streams....

I know maybe tomorrow they will change protocols so its ineffectual, but as of today can it?

The thing is I would like to capture movies when they are available but maybe view at different time.... Also capture to archive (DVD) for use on portable viewer....

So can it?

Dale

Hi Dale -

Roxio cannot capture copy protected streaming .flv, .swf, or Silverlight files like Hulu.com, or Netflix. The DRM embedded in those files make it not possible for Roxio and many other video programs to do so.

However you can use it for most of the files on sites like YouTube and other user contributed video sites (again the DRM restriction is based on the publisher/owner of the content being streamed).

Jon

Hi Dale -

Roxio cannot capture copy protected streaming .flv, .swf, or Silverlight files like Hulu.com, or Netflix. The DRM embedded in those files make it not possible for Roxio and many other video programs to do so.

However you can use it for most of the files on sites like YouTube and other user contributed video sites (again the DRM restriction is based on the publisher/owner of the content being streamed).

Jon

Guess I will not be upgrading soon........

Thank You!

Dale

Archived