• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DIVX and the file being split and large

ray12

Question

I noticed this older thread but I have recently tried to convert some home DVD video's into divx and the same thing occurs in 2 different computers with one using Roxio 9 and the other using Roxio 10. They both split the files and I end up with a huge file of each split file over 2 gig. One is number 1 and the other 1.1. I didn't see anything anything in this thread that solved the problem. Why the split and why the huge file for a divx file. thanks

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...=32983&st=0

5 answers to this question

I noticed this older thread but I have recently tried to convert some home DVD video's into divx and the same thing occurs in 2 different computers with one using Roxio 9 and the other using Roxio 10. They both split the files and I end up with a huge file of each split file over 2 gig. One is number 1 and the other 1.1. I didn't see anything anything in this thread that solved the problem. Why the split and why the huge file for a divx file. thanks

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...=32983&st=0

That's because there was none, unless the 10.1 patch fixed it, and I don't see any posts saying that the patch fixed this.

That's because there was none, unless the 10.1 patch fixed it, and I don't see any posts saying that the patch fixed this.

It seems strange to repeat the same mistake in version 10. Why didn't they just eliminate the ability to do DIVX if they were unable to do it right. I guess I will have to look elsewhere to do DIVX.

It seems strange to repeat the same mistake in version 10. Why didn't they just eliminate the ability to do DIVX if they were unable to do it right. I guess I will have to look elsewhere to do DIVX.

You might want to ask Roxio directly, since that version has been out of production for over 2 years.

In Creator 2010, they did eliminate the divx ability. :angry2:

You might want to ask Roxio directly, since that version has been out of production for over 2 years.

In Creator 2010, they did eliminate the divx ability. :angry2:

I guess the only work around, short of getting another divx converter, is to drop the vob file on videowave and "file--output as" divx.

Archived