• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

USB Capture Device Compatability

Howard K

Question

I just purchased Roxio 2010 Creator. I have about 60 120 minute Hi8 tapes that I want to convert to DVD. These were all shot on my Sony Digital Video Camera Recorder. It is a Digital 8 DCR-TRV530. Unfortunately, the film loading mechanism on the camera broke recently. Sony wants more to fix my old technology, than it costs to buy a brand new video camera. I have decided to rent a Sony Video Walkman Hi8 Tape Player and Recorder model number GV-A500. It has both S-Video and Rca Jacks.

1. Will I be able to plug this Sony Walkman into the USB Capture Device and convert my Hi8 digital tapes to DVD like it says on my packaging?

2. Do I need any other cards, devices, drivers, chips, or adapters, or do I have everything I need?

3. Transferring this way, will I be able to burn a DVD as I am playing the video into my computer, or will I need to create files and then transfer them to DVD?

4. Can you quess how long each tape will take to transfer, because I need to know if I need to rent this machine for a day or a week?

5.Also, how do you hook the USB up to a VHS Tape player to convert VHS to DVD and do I need anything else like another card or anything?

I have my Roxio Creator 2010 installed on my new dell laptop with windows 7.

Help me please. I am not finding the answers I want all the places I have been looking.

Howard K

1 answer to this question