creator p 2010 install froze.... now I'm lost

chutton

Question

My brother bought me Roxio Creator Pro (Just verified that is Pro, thanks to his Wife calling). He bought the download and put it on a cd. I got the package the day after he shipped out. Please help.

I tried a few hours ago to install the program and it locked up and starting "rolling back". During "rolling back", it completely locked the computer. After sitting the laptop down and fixing supper, I came back to find the system had crashed and restarted.

Now when I try again to install 2010, the computer locks up on the initial install screen. I don't recall exactly what it's called, but it's the little windows installer deal that comes up before the actual Roxio installer comes up.

I've tried this AFTER a reboot (4 tries after 4 reboots so far) and get the same problem each time.

I believe it's about the same issue as this one http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=59087

Also in case it should affect things, I tried installing DirectX directly from the CD as was mentioned in the link above.

Except that my system is:

Acer laptop

Vista 32bit

1.5g ddr

Celeron 560 @2.13Ghz

I'm a touch scared of this product after searching (Google) install issues and finding that there seems to be a great deal of trouble installing this product.

If I can be guided to getting the install back up and get this thing loaded and working, I'd be happiest as this is a gift. However, if that's not going to happen, I need to know how to get whatever is left of the program off of my system.

Thank you,

Christina

5 answers to this question

This thing has stressed me out way too much. Now I just want it OFF my system.

Since it's a partial install, there's no listing in "remove programs".

AciveX has been installed from the cd.

I have to assume there have been registry changes.

Basically, I want my system to be precisely as it was before I made the mistake of attempting to install Roxio.

PLEASE HELP ME,

Christina

Well the Clean Install instructions should do the trick. You want to follow them down to the point where they start the Install… The first portion is to clean up all of the debris of an install that didn't go right.

Vista/Win7

XP

Get on getting a refund too! As long as you are in the window and got it from Roxio, it will not be a problem. I don't think a Celeron meets the minimum requirements, but that makes no difference to getting a refund.

We are just users here, but post back if you have any more problems.

Well the Clean Install instructions should do the trick. You want to follow them down to the point where they start the Install… The first portion is to clean up all of the debris of an install that didn't go right.

Vista/Win7

XP

Get on getting a refund too! As long as you are in the window and got it from Roxio, it will not be a problem. I don't think a Celeron meets the minimum requirements, but that makes no difference to getting a refund.

We are just users here, but post back if you have any more problems.

Thank you sir!

Took some doing as much of it was Greek to me, but followed the instructions and finally got it done :)

My neighbor tells me I'll still have some registry keys left over, but I'll get some help with that!

TY again!

As to the refund, I'll have to let my brother get his refund when he gets back from Saudi, I have no idea what his conf number was or where to find it :)

Thank you sir!

Took some doing as much of it was Greek to me, but followed the instructions and finally got it done :)

My neighbor tells me I'll still have some registry keys left over, but I'll get some help with that!

TY again!

As to the refund, I'll have to let my brother get his refund when he gets back from Saudi, I have no idea what his conf number was or where to find it :)

The refund period is only for 30 days or so and I don't know if they consider deployments… Call now and see what can be done!

Don't worry about the other "keys" Sonic/Roxio wrote all of the burning routines for MicroSoft so some may be entries that are part of the OS and you do not want to mess with them!

If it works – Leave it alone! :angry:

If it don't – Format C:\ :lol:

Archived