No Audio using Quick Plug and Burn

zabtri

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't know why that happened. Do you have the camcorder set to 12 bit or to 16 bit audio?

An alternative approach would be to use the freeware application Vidi or Apple's VirtualDV (part of the free FirewireSDK 21 toolkit available at developer.apple.com) to capture the video from the camcorder.

My camcorder is set at 12 Bit.

I used Quick Plug and Burn, instead of iMovie, because I do not wish to edit the movie.

Thanks for your response.

My camcorder is set at 12 Bit.

I used Quick Plug and Burn, instead of iMovie, because I do not wish to edit the movie.

Thanks for your response.

It may be that Toast's plug and burn feature requires 16-bit audio. There is a problem with audio sync when 12-bit is used. This article may be useful even though it is referring to iMovie: Use 16-bit audio for best results

The reason I suggested Vidi as an alternative is that you won't need to use iMovie for the capture.

Using Quick Plug and Burn with Toast 6 Titanium I connected my camcorder to my iMac G4.

The DVD that was burned had the movie but the audio was missing.

Any ideas why that happened.

I don't know why that happened. Do you have the camcorder set to 12 bit or to 16 bit audio?

An alternative approach would be to use the freeware application Vidi or Apple's VirtualDV (part of the free FirewireSDK 21 toolkit available at developer.apple.com) to capture the video from the camcorder.

Archived