• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error---Slideshow Creation

WhiteLion

Question

After creating a new photo slideshow and adding photos, when I click on "Preview" I get an "unspecified error" message. If I click on "Details" I get nothing. If I click on "Okay" then it opens a preview box that doesn't play anything. I did downloaded any updates that were available as of 12/16/09 and I'm still getting the message.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Having buyers remorse...

17 answers to this question

Batteries

Computer

Disk Drives

DVD/CD ROM Drives

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Keyboards

Mice and other pointing devices

As I said before, you have something wrong with your PC. If you got the recovery discs, from your employer, then try recovering to a point the laptop was, when it was new.

If you don't have those discs, and can't get them, go to the website of the manufacturer of the laptop, and see if you can find out what the components are, for you computer. If there are updates for the video chip, audio chip, etc. download them, and install them and also burn them to a CD.

If none of that results in being able to see, what needs to be seen, in Device Manager and Display Properties, then do a format C:, and install Windows XP, and install the updated drivers that you burned to a CD.

After creating a new photo slideshow and adding photos, when I click on "Preview" I get an "unspecified error" message. If I click on "Details" I get nothing. If I click on "Okay" then it opens a preview box that doesn't play anything. I did downloaded any updates that were available as of 12/16/09 and I'm still getting the message.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Having buyers remorse...

And what program, in the suite, are you using? You should be using VideoWave, which will open, if you click on Edit Video-Advanced, under the Video-Movies tab.

List your system specs, including your video card/chip.

I followed your directions and I see an image of a computer monitor, and:

Display:

(Default Monitor) on

Screen resolution:

1024 x 768 pixels

Color Quality:

Highest 32bit

It doesn't say anything about a video card.

I don't think your computer can handle the software. It would appear that you don't have the correct drivers installed, for you video chip, or the name of the video card/chip would show on the screen that you brought up.

What operating system are you running? If it is Windows XP, go to Control Panel, click on System, then click on Hardware, then on Device Manager. Then, click on the + to the left of Display Adapters, and post what it says for your video card/chip.

The only items I see that are video related are as follows:

Video Controller

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Video Codecs

Nothing that specifically says video card/chip.

What operating system are you running?

In the Display Properties, you should see something like this:

post-81-1261243740.jpg

In Device Manager, you should see something like this:

post-81-1261243765.jpg

I have Windows XP 2002. My laptop is from my previous employer and they took off a lot of programs, etc. when I left. I got to keep the laptop (it was a lease that I paid for). I had a friend install some of the basic programs again (Word, Excel, etc.) Something may have happended to the video capabilities at that point?

I have none of the stuff that I see from your screen shots.

So what would you recommend that I do? Install new driver/video card? I have also been thinking about buying a new desktop so I may not want to put any money into updating this laptop.

I have Windows XP 2002. My laptop is from my previous employer and they took off a lot of programs, etc. when I left. I got to keep the laptop (it was a lease that I paid for). I had a friend install some of the basic programs again (Word, Excel, etc.) Something may have happended to the video capabilities at that point?

I have none of the stuff that I see from your screen shots.

So what would you recommend that I do? Install new driver/video card? I have also been thinking about buying a new desktop so I may not want to put any money into updating this laptop.

You have to have some of the entries that Bruce shows for the Device Manager picture if you have Windows XP :rolleyes:

What does it say for your laptop when you click on Display Adapters?

Generally laptops cannot be upgraded since many of the "devices" are on the motherboard and cannot be replaced. You are much better off saving the money for a new desktop.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm having trouble inserting a screen capture of my Device Manager, but I do not have anything that says "Display Adapters." Should I look for anything else?

No, I would check for spyware/malware, and viruses, because you have something wrong with your operating system.

You should have something showing in Device Manager and in your Display Adapter.

grandpabruce-

Thanks for your reply. Let me start by saying I know very little about comptuers and naturally assume its not the fault of my own!. I did however follow your instructions by clicking on the Movie-Videos tab then Edit Video Advanced. You may have uncovered my problem. Here is what is says:

There are insufficient graphics capabilities to run this application. This can be caused by the following:

-Your video card driver may not fully support DirectX 9.0. Check to see if an updated driver is available for your card.

-Your video card hardware may not be sufficient for full DirectX 9.0 support. You will need to upgrade your card.

Not sure exactly what you want as far as "my specs" go. Here is what I could find after searching for "VideoCard Info":

0NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go (Microsoft Corporation)

0NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (Microsoft Corporation)

0Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

0MSI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

Can you give me some more direction on what info you need and where to get it? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Sincerely,

White Lion

grandpabruce-

Thanks for your reply. Let me start by saying I know very little about comptuers and naturally assume its not the fault of my own!. I did however follow your instructions by clicking on the Movie-Videos tab then Edit Video Advanced. You may have uncovered my problem. Here is what is says:

There are insufficient graphics capabilities to run this application. This can be caused by the following:

-Your video card driver may not fully support DirectX 9.0. Check to see if an updated driver is available for your card.

-Your video card hardware may not be sufficient for full DirectX 9.0 support. You will need to upgrade your card.

Not sure exactly what you want as far as "my specs" go. Here is what I could find after searching for "VideoCard Info":

0NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go (Microsoft Corporation)

0NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (Microsoft Corporation)

0Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

0MSI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

Can you give me some more direction on what info you need and where to get it? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Sincerely,

White Lion

You just listed 4 different video chips. It is not possible to have all 4 on the same computer,

Right click on a blank place on your computer, then click on properties. Then click on Settings, and post here, what you see in the Display box.

Archived