• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing slide show from Windows Movie Maker format

KathyVG

Question

I have created a slide show in Windows Movie Maker but have decided to start using Roxio Creator instead. Ultimately I want to be able to burn the slide show to a DVD that I can play on a TV. First, is this possible in Roxio Creator 2010 and if so, how? Thanks in advance to whoever can provide me assistance.

8 answers to this question

Save the WMM file as a (720x480) .WMV format or if you have WinXP, there is the option to save as DV AVI. Both should import into MyDVD just fine.

I had tried saving the slide show as DVD AVI and it was almost 5 gigs big. That's when I decided to go with Roxio because I read something about compression that could get it onto a 4.2 gig DVD. Is that possible? Or are there DVDs that come in larger capacities. My slide show is only 22 minutes long but I have it set to music. I'm somewhat new at this; can you tell?

I had tried saving the slide show as DVD AVI and it was almost 5 gigs big. That's when I decided to go with Roxio because I read something about compression that could get it onto a 4.2 gig DVD. Is that possible? Or are there DVDs that come in larger capacities. My slide show is only 22 minutes long but I have it set to music. I'm somewhat new at this; can you tell?

File size means nothing when it comes to creating a video DVD, it is the time length of the video that is important. A standard 4.7GB DVD holds 60 minutes of video at best quality. If the video is longer it has to be compressed to fit on the DVD. Since your video is only 22 minutes long there is no problem burning it on the DVD. Don't worry at all about the 5GB file size :rolleyes:

File size means nothing when it comes to creating a video DVD, it is the time length of the video that is important. A standard 4.7GB DVD holds 60 minutes of video at best quality. If the video is longer it has to be compressed to fit on the DVD. Since your video is only 22 minutes long there is no problem burning it on the DVD. Don't worry at all about the 5GB file size :rolleyes:

Well that's good news. Thanks so much. I'm in the Convert Video section, have imported the AVI file, have chosen DVD as the output. I would like to create a menu but that choice is grayed out. Any idea why? Do I need to compile it first?

Well that's good news. Thanks so much. I'm in the Convert Video section, have imported the AVI file, have chosen DVD as the output. I would like to create a menu but that choice is grayed out. Any idea why? Do I need to compile it first?

Use "Create DVDs" (also called myDVD) if you want to create menus.

Thanks much. I am poking around in there now.

There are a lot of useful "Tips & Tricks" in some of the other forums (for C2009 and for the Legacy products). Reading them is definitely worthwhile.

In the future you should create your slideshow using Videowave, it has many more features then WMM. The important thing is not to get frustrated - come to the board and ask questions.

There are a lot of useful "Tips & Tricks" in some of the other forums (for C2009 and for the Legacy products). Reading them is definitely worthwhile.

In the future you should create your slideshow using Videowave, it has many more features then WMM. The important thing is not to get frustrated - come to the board and ask questions.

Thanks again. I am so happy I found this forum. I definitely will be using Videowave in the future. This was my first movie, made for my daughter's graduating 8th grade class and now I am trying to burn DVDs to give to all the parents for a Christmas present. It does get frustrating sometimes because all of this is new; although I am quite computer literate, just not the AV stuff. Will definitely be back here again to ask more questions. Thanks so much for being willing to help a newbie.

Archived