Adding Fonts

bullhead001

Question

13 answers to this question

Thanks guys for the time you put in on my problem. Here is Roxio's answere for your information.

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# 855736)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care.

We understand that you are having some issues adding new fonts in your Creator 2009-VideoWave application. You have downloaded 3 new fonts but it is not available in VideoWave. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, additional fonts is not supported by the software. It doesn't have the capability to add fonts from third party provider.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update web ticket with a detailed explanation, the steps you have tried and any error messages you received.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Roxio Customer Care

Thanks guys for the time you put in on my problem. Here is Roxio's answere for your information.

Did you try my recommendation regarding online conversion (post #12 above) of the otf to ttf format? And then try to add those converted fonts (ttf) to the system using the steps provided by Brendon above?

Gotham Book

Gotham Light

Gotham Medium

These are the 3 fonts I was wanting to add. The file extensions are .otf Thanks!

I think that might be your problem. All the Roxio fonts are Truetype.

The OTF file type is primarily associated with 'OpenOffice/StarOffice' by Sun Microsystems, Inc.. This file format is part of the Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) 1.0 specification.

Hello Bullhead,

I wonder if you're using the type of fonts that Label Creator uses? I see that all the fonts Creator 2009 installed on my system are Truetype fonts, with the .TTF file extension rather than the .FON extension.

I managed to find a TT font that wasn't installed on my system, and tried it out. It was BOOKMAN OLD STYLE.

I copied the files for BOOKMAN to my root directory, then went to Control Panel > Fonts > File > Install New Font

post-208-1261179795.jpg

I selected all the Bookman files, checked the 'Copy fonts to Fonts folder' box, and clicked OK to install them.

After that the font files appeared in the usual place, C:\Windows\Fonts, and I could select Bookman Old Style in Roxio Label Creator.

Et Voila!! Here is the Label Creator selector drop-down before and after.

post-208-1261180091.jpgpost-208-1261180099.jpg

If this won't work for you, check the type of fonts you're wanting to use.

Archived