• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Split from unrelated Topic

Rondshans

Question

Hi, My problem started on the 19 November 2009 with an error message when I tried to open Roxio 2009. I followed the suggestions from Roxio Technical Support but the problem persisted. On following further instruction which was to clean out all Roxio and Sonic sortware and re-install Roxio Creator 2009, this from the disc I have, I got same message as you and at the same time lost the ability to play ANY discs on my computer. By restoring my computer to an earlier time I could play discs but still had not got Creator 2009. I followed further insructions and then things went from bad to worse. I am left with no Roxio software installed, including Roxio Max Player, have not got the ability to play discs, and worse, I cannot restore my computer to an earlier time. From the Roxio Forum I gather that a lot of people are having the same type of problems with Creator 2009 getting no help. I strongly advize you not to try a clean re-install.

ROXIO TECHNICAL SUPPORT have now stopped answering my tickets. They must know there is a big problem with this software and cannot fix it.

Do what I am going to do. I got the phone number of the Roxio USA headquaters from their home page and will ring them. If enough people do this Roxio may stop treating people with a problem in such a shabby manor. (I am in the UK)

1 answer to this question

Hi, My problem started on the 19 November 2009 with an error message when I tried to open Roxio 2009. I followed the suggestions from Roxio Technical Support but the problem persisted. (...)

As I do not see those incidents on my PCs, you may want to elaborate on two questions I have:

1. what SW had been installed (including Windows Updates) on or before 19-Nov.09?

2. what is the text of the error message?

Thanks.

Archived