• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fade-In at beginning of production?

bluebirdnut

Question

Transitions only seem to work between clips. I want to fade in at the very beginning of a clip. Is the only way of doing this to put a color panel at the beginning, and fade in from there? I don't always want a color panel at the beginning of a short clip.

5 answers to this question

Transitions only seem to work between clips. I want to fade in at the very beginning of a clip. Is the only way of doing this to put a color panel at the beginning, and fade in from there? I don't always want a color panel at the beginning of a short clip.

Insert a black color panel as your very first panel. Then add a transition "Dissolve" between this panel and the next panel/video.

Good suggestion malatekid. I think either the black or a white panel would work if you don't want any color.

Frank...

Thanks, Frank. Either black or white panel should work.

bluebirdnut: You can make the duration of the first panel short enough.

Jess

Guest mlpasley
Thanks guys! Why didn't I think of that? Probably because I'm having too much trouble with Videowave just arbitrarily closing on me!

Arbitrarily closing? That's not good.

Have you tried going to your Windows System Performance settings and choosing 'adjust for best performance'? (Control Panel\ System\ Advanced. While you're there also change your virtual memory to your RAM memory as a minimum and 2x the RAM as max.

That might not work, but it's a place to start.

Archived