• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My DVD

Niall Collins

Question

I am using Windows 7 and Roxio Creator 2010

While creating a DVD from small .avi and .m2ts the system plays it fine from start to end in video wave until I try creating an .ios image

The system Hangs no error messages. left it for 2 hours and thr process never left 0%

The m2ts is large at 1.54G all other files are small total file size is 3031.4 meg

My PC has 4G ram and Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz/ Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS

7 answers to this question

For your info VLC is one of the best video players. I use it in work for transmitting IPTV streams and trouble shooting problems on IP networks. its a free download.

Thanks again for your help.

One of the other Guru's looked into the file and reported that it is an XVID file which is not supported. You will have to find a conveter that will convert it to mpeg.

Whenever dealing with video stick to Standard files like DV, mpeg, mpeg4 etc. Then off beat ones like Xvid & DivX do not enjoy deep penitration into the market.

I'm guessing you mean the encoding just sits at 0%. That's usually related to your video card/chip drivers.

Download and install the latest drivers for your card/chip (from the manufact site). If you have the latest installed, uninstall them, reboot, re-install them.

Hi Larry Thanks for the Help...

Yes about the encoding.

Done as suggested graphic card did need an update. but still not working.

also removed Logmein in case that was causing a problem. rebooted after every step... can you suggest anything else...

also tried rendering direct to local hard drive (desktop)

EG

MAKE MOVIE

Video File

Pal

(Video File quality) Windows Media Video 9, 1920X1080 VBR

NEVER GETS PAST 0%

Thanks

Niall

I am using Windows 7 and Roxio Creator 2010

While creating a DVD from small .avi and .m2ts the system plays it fine from start to end in video wave until I try creating an .ios image

The system Hangs no error messages. left it for 2 hours and thr process never left 0%

The m2ts is large at 1.54G all other files are small total file size is 3031.4 meg

My PC has 4G ram and Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz/ Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS

I'm guessing you mean the encoding just sits at 0%. That's usually related to your video card/chip drivers.

Download and install the latest drivers for your card/chip (from the manufact site). If you have the latest installed, uninstall them, reboot, re-install them.

Could be the file…

For a test, start a new MyDVD project, add one or 2 still pics and burn to ISO file.

Does it render? Yes

Hi Jim

Thanks for the Help...

That does work and burns to DVD and plays ok...

I have since done a test of the .M2ts file thats also renders ok...

That leads to another question the short film clips I have of my grandaughter can they be checked or repaired they play in Windows Media Player (no errors) / If i play in VLC it says (This AVI file is broken. Seeking will not work correctly Do you want to try fix it?)

options are (Repair, Don't repair, Cancel)

If I select repair it plays

If I select Don't repair it plays

I would be grateful for any help

link to file if if helps...

https://secure.logmein.com/f?IrNWP4Oq266Rre...WSrf9uz0fl31f8A

Regards

Niall

I will look at the file (downloading now).

I have never used VLC so I do not really know what it can do. Some others may have some better suggestions so stay tuned ;)

For your info VLC is one of the best video players. I use it in work for transmitting IPTV streams and trouble shooting problems on IP networks. its a free download.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived