File size for DVD

scayers

Question

7 answers to this question

My project sice is just over the size of my DVD. Can I compress any of my project to reduce its size? I do not want to reduce my photos or video files.

Thanks - scayers

The important criteria is length of the video. If 60 minutes or less it will fit on a DVD at best quality.

If greater then use myDVD to burn to an image file (uncheck Burn to disc" and check create image file) When the image file has been created (ignore the size warning), use DiscCopier to burn the image file to a DVD. DiscCopier will transcode the iso file to fit to on a DVD at best quality.

The important criteria is length of the video. If 60 minutes or less it will fit on a DVD at best quality.

If greater then use myDVD to burn to an image file (uncheck Burn to disc" and check create image file) When the image file has been created (ignore the size warning), use DiscCopier to burn the image file to a DVD. DiscCopier will transcode the iso file to fit to on a DVD at best quality.

I think Walt meant DVD Builder (EMC7.5) instead of MyDVD (EMC8).

I think you are probably right malatekid, but most likely the point that Walt would be making is that going the ISO root would be a good solution no matter what version you were using.

Frank....

Er ... I think you meant ISO route - root being something currently associated with kit, and potentially even less good for a computer than a drain-pipe.

Lynn

You're right of course.. sometimes it gets confusing to remember where I am.. :)

But I would think the same applies to EMC 8 with myDVD

Just thought of clarifying as the OP might not have a clue what MyDVD is (if he doesn't have the EMC8) :huh:

Archived