• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

creating chapters in VideoWave 2009

timab

Question

I am SO confused by Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. And now, on top of that, I am completely confused by these forums. I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right place. Well, here goes anyway...

I have Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate which I am trying to make DVDs with. I start with VideoWave. When I add different movies I just can't figure out for the life of me how to make separate chapters. When I click "DVD" to burn the DVD, it takes me to ___ . If I go ahead from there, I end up with a DVD that has both my movies but they are recorded one the disc as if they are one long program.

I want each separate movie to appear as a chapter on the main menu of the DVD, so I can select which movie I want to watch. The way it's burning them now, I have to fast forward all the way through the first movie to get to the 2nd one.

I am new to Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. I used to use Sony Click to DVD and it was SO SIMPLE and intuitive, but when I upgraded to Vista I could no longer use it. Now I am stuck trying to use this unbelievably confusing and frustrating program. I would REALLY REALLY appreciate any help from someone who understands this software.

2 answers to this question

I am SO confused by Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. And now, on top of that, I am completely confused by these forums. I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right place. Well, here goes anyway...

I have Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate which I am trying to make DVDs with. I start with VideoWave. When I add different movies I just can't figure out for the life of me how to make separate chapters. When I click "DVD" to burn the DVD, it takes me to ___ . If I go ahead from there, I end up with a DVD that has both my movies but they are recorded one the disc as if they are one long program.

I want each separate movie to appear as a chapter on the main menu of the DVD, so I can select which movie I want to watch. The way it's burning them now, I have to fast forward all the way through the first movie to get to the 2nd one.

I am new to Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. I used to use Sony Click to DVD and it was SO SIMPLE and intuitive, but when I upgraded to Vista I could no longer use it. Now I am stuck trying to use this unbelievably confusing and frustrating program. I would REALLY REALLY appreciate any help from someone who understands this software.

What you are calling chapters are called titles in video terminology. Chapters only apply to internal divisions of a Title.

If your movies are all separate files then you should be working in myDVD not Videowave. Videowave is for editing video, adding text, audio, etc. myDVD is where you create your menu.

Launch myDVD and then add each movie and it becomes a separate Title on the menu page. Its actually quite simple and straightforward :glare:

Archived