• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Runtime Error

Museware

Question

So I suddenly started getting the apparently common 'runtime error' issue. Have successfully used the program multiple times since November, and suddenly start with the error. First, venting a bit that I should have to go through the 'brain surgery' clean install process just to make this application run. Roxio should have created the uninstall routine to do all this dirty work. Most folks shouldn't have to open their registry and make changes.

Second, why is this happening in the first place? Has a 'security update' from Microsoft (I'm running XP) made some changes that impact this application? What is causing it? I have not installed any new software since installing my 2010 Creator.

Are there any newer solutions to this problem that don't involve setting up administrator account or registry editing?

Cmon Roxio, you can do better than this.

3 answers to this question

So I suddenly started getting the apparently common 'runtime error' issue. Have successfully used the program multiple times since November, and suddenly start with the error. First, venting a bit that I should have to go through the 'brain surgery' clean install process just to make this application run. Roxio should have created the uninstall routine to do all this dirty work. Most folks shouldn't have to open their registry and make changes.

Second, why is this happening in the first place? Has a 'security update' from Microsoft (I'm running XP) made some changes that impact this application? What is causing it? I have not installed any new software since installing my 2010 Creator.

Are there any newer solutions to this problem that don't involve setting up administrator account or registry editing?

Cmon Roxio, you can do better than this.

We are not Roxio here :rolleyes: Telling us what you are doing when you get the runtime error would be helpfull. All you have posted is "car won't run". What did you do to make the "car" fail? Use the wrong type of gas? :unsure:

We are not Roxio here :rolleyes: Telling us what you are doing when you get the runtime error would be helpfull. All you have posted is "car won't run". What did you do to make the "car" fail? Use the wrong type of gas? :unsure:

Simply trying to open the Videowave application within the suite brings up these errors. I have done it from the main splash screen that comes up, as well as from the Start>Programs>etc. No difference.

I have gone through the steps (except for the uninstall/reinstall) and nothing has changed. The DirectX settings were already correct, and the msconfig steps also showed that all appropriate services were enabled.

I understand that 'we' are not Roxio here, but I am sure there are folks from there who troll these boards occasionally. Feels better having vented a bit. Hope to see better solutions from them.

Simply trying to open the Videowave application within the suite brings up these errors. I have done it from the main splash screen that comes up, as well as from the Start>Programs>etc. No difference.

I have gone through the steps (except for the uninstall/reinstall) and nothing has changed. The DirectX settings were already correct, and the msconfig steps also showed that all appropriate services were enabled.

I understand that 'we' are not Roxio here, but I am sure there are folks from there who troll these boards occasionally. Feels better having vented a bit. Hope to see better solutions from them.

Clean Install for XP – XP

Let us know how that works???

Archived