• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

creator 2009 versus windows 7

carolgyrl1

Question

i have been trying to get my program roxio creator 2009 to work. It kpet crashing when i tried to make a dvd. I was told to uninstall it. I did, now when I try to install it, it says that i must update to 2010. It will not allow me to put it back into my computer. I read it is not compatible with windows 7 ??? what are my options? I have been trying over and over again, for quite a while to get this to work. it has not worked since I bought it.

5 answers to this question

i have been trying to get my program roxio creator 2009 to work. It kpet crashing when i tried to make a dvd. I was told to uninstall it. I did, now when I try to install it, it says that i must update to 2010. It will not allow me to put it back into my computer. I read it is not compatible with windows 7 ??? what are my options? I have been trying over and over again, for quite a while to get this to work. it has not worked since I bought it.

I got it to work on my PCs, with Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and x64.

I did a complete fresh install, then applied Creator2009SP4 and pxengine3_00_58a before running any application!

Of course, your mileage can vary; but then, Rxio Creator 2010 is available since quite some time; look around in internet and local shops for best deals; and there can also an Upgrade mail-in rebate available.

That is all I can advise you, as you were not specific on the error messages accompanying said crashes.

JM,

Very few of us have been successful at getting Creator 2009 32 and 64 bit to run with Windows 7. Many users will not want to reformat or do a clean install of Window 7 followed by reinstalling all of the applications and copying back data. The shortest route but costing $$ is to go with Creator 2010.

JM,

Very few of us have been successful at getting Creator 2009 32 and 64 bit to run with Windows 7. Many users will not want to reformat or do a clean install of Window 7 followed by reinstalling all of the applications and copying back data. The shortest route but costing $$ is to go with Creator 2010.

Considering the many problems I had way back with Roxio v.4 while others did not, I venture it is now fair to have Roxio v.11 run in my environments w/o incidents — keep aside the usual annoyances. ;)

Windows 7 64 bit: yes, I had my installation up and running, installed Microsoft Office 2007, and what not, and few weeks later Roxio Creator 2009 SE.

Windows 7 32bit: that one was an upgrade from Vista 32bit that had Roxio 9 (OEM) and Roxio 2009 SE already installed.

What is the common denominator where my installation (and a few others) succeeded, and what that could cause it to fail?

We had a few where the AntiVirus or Anti-Mal/Spyware application was the culprit.

Is the Windows 7 Ultimate (what I have on my systems) more, well, forgiving than the, say, Windows 7 Home Premium? Even though those share the same codes, it's all about Registry entries...

But then, that's why we get hooked with PCs: those are so appealingly unpredictable! :)

"Roxio v.11"

Again, don't confuse folks and please call the software by the correct name.

I don't see Roxio Creator 2009 on either list and I wouldn't encourage it on a W-7 environment.

The following products have been designed to be Window 7 compatible:

* Roxio Creator 2010

* Roxio Creator 2010 Plus

* Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition

* Roxio Creator 2010 PRO

* Roxio Easy LP to MP3

* Roxio Burn

* Roxio CinePlayer BD

The following products have been UPDATED to be Windows 7 compatible:

* Roxio Easy VHS to DVD

* Roxio MyDVD 10 Premier

* Roxio My DVD Video Lab 10