• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is there a "storyboard" view in version 8?

ravecrusader

Question

13 answers to this question

Hey Merv, great looking avatar. Who is that good looking lad ?

Frank....

Thanks for asking, Frank. That's our 10 month old grandson, the first and only (so far) grandchild. Everyone says he looks exactly like me, even total strangers we see in stores. I only hope as he grows he changes his looks as I have a mug only a mother (and my wife but I think she is legally blind) could love. :)

Thanks for asking, Frank. That's our 10 month old grandson, the first and only (so far) grandchild. Everyone says he looks exactly like me, even total strangers we see in stores. I only hope as he grows he changes his looks as I have a mug only a mother (and my wife but I think she is legally blind) could love. :)

He is a nice looking boy, Steve. There really is nothing better than seeing your grandkids. We have had 2 of our granddaughters for the whole week, and I have been too busy with work to enjoy them. :huh:

I only have 4 grandkids, and only one of them is a boy, and he lives a long way from here. We get to see him, and his sister, once a year at the most. But, when we do see him, I spoil the heck out of him. LOLLOL

I am trying to edit my video's and remove unwanted scenes, combine scenes together. I am unable to find storyboard view in version 8. In version 8 how can I edit the video like the storyboard view I had in version 7?

The Storyboard view is to the left of the Timeline view

post-79-1149622425.jpg

Why in "storyline" my videos are not broken out where the video stop. What happened is I could view each time I stoped recording on the tap and my sections were broken out. Alll I can view in version 8 is the entire video and am unable to remove the clips I do not want. Or if I want to cut from two videos to combine one how do I do that?

Why in "storyline" my videos are not broken out where the video stop. What happened is I could view each time I stoped recording on the tap and my sections were broken out. Alll I can view in version 8 is the entire video and am unable to remove the clips I do not want. Or if I want to cut from two videos to combine one how do I do that?

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. If you want to split a video clip and delete unwanted portions of that clip, you have to use the timeline view to do that. It was the same in Version 7/7.5 However, if you want to use the video trimmer to trim the beginning or end of a clip, you can do that from either the storyline or timeline view. Simply point to and right click the mouse on the clip to trim, and select Adjust Duration...

While in Media Manager and selecting scenes for later editing, is there a way to extract an image? This would save a lot of time. Or, after I've identified a scene, is there some way I can go right to that scene and extract an image?

Sure. Right click on the video file, then click on Extract image, I think it is.

Let me see if I can explain this better. I add the video to My DVD8. From thier I click on "edit" which takes me to the edit view. When I click on "storyline" it puts my entire video. In the number "1" box. Before in version 7 I was able to use "storyboard" and not "storyline" which version 8 has and it would take the video and at each break in the video where I stoped and started filiming would fill the numbered boxes depending on how many breaks I had. How do I get version 8 to let me see the video broken out where I have started and stopped the video. Like I said above when I add the movie everything is put in box "1".

To see what you want, you must first use scene detect either during capture or with Media Manager. Since you already have the files on your computer, open MyDVD. On the menu at the top, click VIEW and then MEDIA SELECTOR. Navigate to your video file. RIGHT Mouse button click on the file and choose SCENE DETECTION. When finished, you can now add that file to the 'Storyboard' and you will see more than one panel with the different scenes that were detected.

post-49-1150031301.jpg

Archived