CD Recording Problem

TomJ

Question

After making many music projects in Roxio, the Music Disc Creator function has suddenly stopped recognizing the blank CD's I load to burn a project. It just keeps telling me to load a blank CD. It worked fine on exactly the same projects in the past. I had no software updates since then. And other parts of Roxio...like the Burn Audio CD function.....still work fine on the same CD recorder and media. Also, other non-Roxio programs also work fine with this CD recorder and the same blank CD's. I have also rebooted the computer several times. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Yes, SP1 is installed in Roxio. And BTW, I am running Windows 7 with all its updates, too.

After making many music projects in Roxio, the Music Disc Creator function has suddenly stopped recognizing the blank CD's I load to burn a project. It just keeps telling me to load a blank CD. It worked fine on exactly the same projects in the past. I had no software updates since then. And other parts of Roxio...like the Burn Audio CD function.....still work fine on the same CD recorder and media. Also, other non-Roxio programs also work fine with this CD recorder and the same blank CD's. I have also rebooted the computer several times. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

Ran a system restore to an earlier date and that solved the problem. Still don't know what the source of the problem was.....but it now works again.

Yes, SP1 is installed in Roxio. And BTW, I am running Windows 7 with all its updates, too.

Archived