• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
davids85220

EMC9 Media Creator Error 8004520c

Question

I have a 2003 Sony machine with a 3 Gig Pentium processor in it and it has created quite a few good videos. I am now getting a window that pops up telling me that my video drivers are out of date when I start MyDVD or MyDVD Express. When I build a DVD and try to burn it I do get a .ico file created but the video processor does not run and I get the error message 8004520c and the file is saved with no video data.

I have an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL chip set family video card and Intel has the latest drivers for it at their web site. Sony has a driver set for this machine that is several versions back and they tell me not to update. The driver on this machine is a higher version than that one installed when I bought the machine.

Is there a work around that will make MyDVD work properly or should I ignore Sony's tech support and update the video card driver set? Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem and can offer any good solution?

Edited by davids85220

9 answers to this question

I have a 2003 Sony machine with a 3 Gig Pentium processor in it and it has created quite a few good videos. I am now getting a window that pops up telling me that my video drivers are out of date when I start MyDVD or MyDVD Express. When I build a DVD and try to burn it I do get a .ico file created but the video processor does not run and I get the error message 8004520c and the file is saved with no video data.

I have an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL chip set family video card and Intel has the latest drivers for it at their web site. Sony has a driver set for this machine that is several versions back and they tell me not to update. The driver on this machine is a higher version than that one installed when I bought the machine.

Is there a work around that will make MyDVD work properly or should I ignore Sony's tech support and update the video card driver set? Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem and can offer any good solution?

If it is a laptop, go with the Sony drivers. They have been modified to work in a laptop.

Also read this.

The computer is PCV-RS720G Sony Desktop with an Intel PCI card plugged in from the factory. Seems to be a standard card built in 2003.

Edited by davids85220

The computer is PCV-RS720G Sony Desktop with an Intel PCI card plugged in from the factory. Seems to be a standard card built in 2003.

I'm not sure now if it is a driver issue. Do you have Windows or Sony Restore turned on? If so, try to restore the computer to an earlier date when it worked correctly.

The video drivers may have become corrupted so re-install the ones that Sony suggests if the above doesn't work.

Did you recently switch from software render to hardware render? (My DVD or Video Wave top menu, tools, options, put a dot near software.)

Do you actually see a card plugged int the slot ? If not, you have a video chip which would have been the standard configuration. Since it is a desktop, Sony probably didn't make changes to it. Back up your computer and install the latest drivers.

A 2003 machine is ancient by today's standards. If you are planning to replace it, now may be the time. If cash is tight, you may just want to put a video card into that machine. It should have at least 256 MB memory on the card. It has to fit into the available slot on your mother board so dig out the user's manual.

Edit" Looks like a 16X PCIe slot available. So a card should not be an issue. Here are some possibilities (Note, I'm partial to ATI). Also check with Sony to see what they can offer. Get what you can afford with an eye to the age of the computer. You may also want to add more memory if the original 512 is all that is in there. Actually that looks like a good serviceable computer. As you said it does what you want except for this latest issue.

Sorry for the random suggestions and thoughts.

If you haven't get rid of the Sonic Record Now software. Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode is a good tool to use.

On the case it says "Intel graphics accelerator 900 224MB x 2 MAX". There is a card in a short pci slot with Intel printed on it that the video out put to the monitor is hooked to. When I run the test with the Intel test tool it tells me "chipset detected: Intel® 915 Express Chipset family, Memory Controller: 82915G, I/O Controller: Intel® 82801FB I/O controller hub (ICH6), Integrated Graphics: Intel® 82915G/82910GL/82915GV/82910GL Express Chipset Family" The computer itself identifies the card as "82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family".

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report

Report Date: 12/21/2009

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 08:50:52

Driver Version: 6.14.10.3865

Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 9.0

Physical Memory: 1527 MB

Min. Graphics Memory: 8 MB

Max. Graphics Memory: 224 MB

Graphics Memory in use: 7 MB

Processor: x86

Processor Speed: 2992 MHZ

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2582

Device Revision: 4

* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *

Active Monitors:1

Does that tell you anything?

Only that you need a new video card and that you were lucky you got anythng in the past.

I still don't know if it is driver upgradable without crashing the computer.

Most computers will give you an error message and return to the previous driver. Just follow the instructions. Reinstall the drivers from Sony first since they worked in the past.

Problem solved. For Intel video cards I downloaded the latest version of the chipset identification tool. It is ChipUtil324.exe. Download and run this file. It gives you a link to the download page at Intel's site. At the top of the page is a series of links one of which says "Do I have the latest graphics driver?" in bold type. Follow that link and it gives info on your machine and recommends an update for your machine. This machine now runs video better and faster than when it was new.

Thanks for your help.

Problem solved. For Intel video cards I downloaded the latest version of the chipset identification tool. It is ChipUtil324.exe. Download and run this file. It gives you a link to the download page at Intel's site. At the top of the page is a series of links one of which says "Do I have the latest graphics driver?" in bold type. Follow that link and it gives info on your machine and recommends an update for your machine. This machine now runs video better and faster than when it was new.

Thanks for your help.

Fantastic !

Happy Holidays. :)