• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Removing commercials from Tivo transfer; transfer to Ipod

my3girls

Question

This is time sensitive. The man has surgery tomorrow and I have to entertain three kids for several hours.

I have a movie that was successfully transferred from tivo to my mac. It's open in Toaster. I'm running the Toaster 10 that downloaded...I didn't upgrade yet because of the issues that I read about and I don't need more trouble right now.

When I hit save, it saves only the commercials, even when I invert the tags. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's also a simple fix and I'll feel dumb once someone points out my error.

Also, while I've read over the T10 User's Guide, I find it less than helpful, so that's why I'm posting here.

After I figure this out, I wanted to transfer to iTunes/ipod (whichever it will do). T10 says it will do this but I have yet to figure that out yet either. Any help on that one would be great! If not, I have a work around, but I figure it should be right in T10, since that's what it advertises.

Thanks for any help and guidance!

5 answers to this question

You have to be in the Convert window to convert the video for iPod. The windows from left to right are Data, Audio, Video, Copy and Convert. Add your TiVo video while in the Convert window.

I haven't had any trouble with the editor. You should be able to mark the sections you want removed from the final version (don't invert), choose Save in the Toast Video Player/editor and return to Toast.

You have to be in the Convert window to convert the video for iPod. The windows from left to right are Data, Audio, Video, Copy and Convert. Add your TiVo video while in the Convert window.

I haven't had any trouble with the editor. You should be able to mark the sections you want removed from the final version (don't invert), choose Save in the Toast Video Player/editor and return to Toast.

Thanks for that information. The only reason I inverted was that I thought I did it wrong. Now I wonder if I should update 10.0 to 10.0.4. Hmmm...

Will try again.

Thanks for that information. The only reason I inverted was that I thought I did it wrong. Now I wonder if I should update 10.0 to 10.0.4. Hmmm...

Will try again.

It's 10.0.5 now. Do the update. You can have both the old and new versions on your Mac at the same time if you are hesitant to trust the latest version.

Will try again.

So maybe someone needs to talk to me like I'm two. I'm in edit. I start with a fresh download (no markers). I hit that button that looks like two triangles together. This allows me to edit out the commercials, correct? Now, my commercials, if they are to be removed should be light blue or dark blue? I'm thinking light blue shows removed portions since when I don't do anything, the indicative color for the whole show is dark blue.

I appreciate the help...and the patience!

So maybe someone needs to talk to me like I'm two. I'm in edit. I start with a fresh download (no markers). I hit that button that looks like two triangles together. This allows me to edit out the commercials, correct? Now, my commercials, if they are to be removed should be light blue or dark blue? I'm thinking light blue shows removed portions since when I don't do anything, the indicative color for the whole show is dark blue.

I appreciate the help...and the patience!

It worked. I redid the markers and voila! success. Go figure.

Thanks again for your help!

Archived