Can't burn .img to disc because not enough space

OllieL

Question

I'm trying to burn an .img file (along with associated .ccd and .sub file) to a CD with TT by using the Copy command, but when I do I get the message "Not enough space, 708.8MB needed only 702.8MB available.), is there a way to work around this?

(When I try to use Save to Disc to create an .iso image I get a "Not Recognized" message when I click on the .iso image/file.)

P.S. I also tried burning it to a DVD+RW but it doesn't work, would DVD R do the trick? (I don't have any and don't want to buy them just for this but I will if I have to.)

5 answers to this question

I'm trying to burn an .img file (along with associated .ccd and .sub file) to a CD with TT by using the Copy command, but when I do I get the message "Not enough space, 708.8MB needed only 702.8MB available.), is there a way to work around this?

(When I try to use Save to Disc to create an .iso image I get a "Not Recognized" message when I click on the .iso image/file.)

P.S. I also tried burning it to a DVD+RW but it doesn't work, would DVD R do the trick? (I don't have any and don't want to buy them just for this but I will if I have to.)

Question, are you trying to copy a copy protected game? If so that would be illegal and we can't help you with that here.

If I'm wrong carry on and explain things a bit better..

cd

What happens if you try using "disk utility" to the burn the image file? Also does the error message indicate "disc" or "disk" ? Disk = HDD ; disc = Media

If I use to use Disk Utility I get the message:

Unable to burn "Steambay.img." (not recognized)

When I click on .iso file I get:

Warning

The following disk images couldn't be opened

Image Reason

Steambay.iso not recognized

Yes as CD pointed out, it is illegal to copy "copy-protected" games. How was the .img created? Using what application?

It's a movie; I don't know how the original was created.

If I use to use Disk Utility I get the message:

Unable to burn "Steambay.img." (not recognized)

When I click on .iso file I get:

Warning

The following disk images couldn't be opened

Image Reason

Steambay.iso not recognized

It's a movie; I don't know how the original was created.

Copy protected movies off a Torrent site are no different, illegal!

We are done here...

cd