• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Plug & Burn

MTMONGO

Question

6 answers to this question

When I try and burn dvd from camcorder it does not recognize it as the capture device.

I am using:

Creator 2010

Win 7 home

Canon FS100 camcorder

Toshiba L505D laptop

What am I doing wrong? Starting to get frustrated, maybe I am just a bonehead.

Thanks

Mongo

I think the only output ports that that camcorder has are Analog (using RCA type cables). If that is right, how are you hooking the camcorder up to your computer ???

Frank...

I believe this is one of those SD card camera. Are you able to browse the media card via Windows Explorer?

It Does use the SD card and yes I can browse the card. Does this mean I can't use plug and play?

I think the only output ports that that camcorder has are Analog (using RCA type cables). If that is right, how are you hooking the camcorder up to your computer ???

Frank...

It also has a USB port. Thats what I am using.

It Does use the SD card and yes I can browse the card. Does this mean I can't use plug and play?

It also has a USB port. Thats what I am using.

To capture video with C2010 you need a firewire cable and capture as an avi file. If you happen to have the C2010 USB capture device, that will also work using the analog cables and the analog port. You might also try using the program "Capture Video" rather than Plug and Burn and see if the program recognizes the camera.

Another question--If you can actually read the files on the SD card, why can't you just copy the files to your computer hard drive and then use them ?? Or maybe you have already tried that ???

Frank...

To capture video with C2010 you need a firewire cable and capture as an avi file. If you happen to have the C2010 USB capture device, that will also work using the analog cables and the analog port. You might also try using the program "Capture Video" rather than Plug and Burn and see if the program recognizes the camera.

Another question--If you can actually read the files on the SD card, why can't you just copy the files to your computer hard drive and then use them ?? Or maybe you have already tried that ???

Frank...

I have been copying files and using them that way, thought it it would easier for the wife ( ok me too) with plug and burn. Thanks for the help and happy holidays.

Mongo

I have been copying files and using them that way, thought it it would easier for the wife ( ok me too) with plug and burn. Thanks for the help and happy holidays.

Mongo

Glad you found a way to use the video files Mongo. I didn't realize you were already using the files by copying them to the computer. As long as everthing is working, that's great. Merry Christmas to you and the wife also. :)

Frank...

Archived