• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

iMovie to DVD vs Blu Ray DVD

B-Rad Man

Question

I use iMovie 09 to edit my HD movies recorded on my Canon HFS-100 video camera.

I use Toast 10 to burn my movie to DVD.

This works GREAT for burning to DVD.

The quality far exceeds when I use iDVD.

When I burn the same movie to DVD as a Blu-Ray DVD (so it can be played in PS3s and most Blu-ray players) the quality is awesome!

Here is my problem: The audio is out of synch on the Blu-Ray DVD, but it is fine on the normal DVD. How can I correct this problem?

I have tried 2 different ways to get the movie over to Toast:

1. In iMovie, I Share to Media Browser, as 1280x720 HD.

2. In iMovie, I Share amd Export Using Quicktime.

Both methods result in the same problem.

Again, a normal DVD burns fine.

Only the Blu Ray DVD has audio out of synch.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

P.S. So far Roxio Tech Support told me to download Toast version 10.0.5 (which I already had).

4 answers to this question

I have similar problem of being out of sync. I just intalled Toast 10 Titanium Pro on my Mac Pro 8-core Nathlahem. I created a blu-ray DVD with Toast but the voice is out of sync with video by about 15 seconds or more. I have updated all plug-ins, etc. to the latest. I created a movie from iMovie and made a file at 720P resolution. Blu-ray was burned with an external blu-ray drive from OWC. I played the blue-ray back on a Sony PS3. If anyone can help solve this problem, it would be appreciated greately.

I also have the problem. With Toast 10.0.4 the audio was running about 0.5% faster than the video. Now with 10.0.5 it got worse, now running 1% faster, I estimate!

Not only that, but the problem with chapter markers has gotten worse with 10.0.5. When I try to skip to the next chapter in my movie, the player jumps to the wrong place. As before, my blu-ray player gets confused when I try to go to the 4th chapter marker. With a disc made with 10.0.5 the player hangs, such that I have to eject the disc and start over.

The release notes for Toast 10.0.5 includes the following: "Resolves issue where some AVCHD source video experienced AV sync issues after conversion or authoring." It was just released a few days ago. Are you sure that's the version you used when creating the Blu-ray DVD?

The release notes for Toast 10.0.5 includes the following: "Resolves issue where some AVCHD source video experienced AV sync issues after conversion or authoring." It was just released a few days ago. Are you sure that's the version you used when creating the Blu-ray DVD?

Yes, I am positive that I used version 10.0.5.

Archived