• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows installer

jeffberk

Question

11 answers to this question

I have had this trouble, too! :)

I uninstalled it once but then I couldn't use Direct CD from Easy Creator 5 (even after reinstalling). After a few months I decided to try EMC 8 again -- having forgotten why I wasn't using it. Same thing.

It tries to install or finish installing or whatever every time I restart the computer -- and spontaneously sometimes. I left the installation CD in the drive and let it do whatever it wanted. But, three days later, it is still doing this.

Online (free?) product support is ZERO, no help whatsoever that I could find. It looks like someone here may have some help for me, though?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Eddie

PS, I have uninstalled it again but it would be nice to use the software that I bought ... it is not freeware or shareware (so I could try it first and throw it away if it didn't work).

Randomly roxio intalls itself when I turn on my computer. Tech support as is most tech support blamed all the other programs on my computer. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this proble? Thanks

I had this problem for a couple of years. Every three months or seems that way, out of the blue, Windows Installer comes up and request the Roxio Easy Media Creator CD to be placed on the CD Drive.

For several months I was sure it was related to the Drag-to-Disc utility within Roxio.

It seems that when I let it go thru the process, it tries to install something.

Once installed, the problem goes away. But, several months later, the good ol' Windows Installer comes back on for the same reason.

No, don't let them tell you it is another program, that it is related to installation of other software, on and on, people on this forum will try to justify the reason for this problem.

I am using EMC 7.5 and despite Roxio pushing for me to upgrade to 8.0 I am hesitant because I dont feel they provide basic support and all their releases are "buggie".

I just learned to live with the install problem.

I have had this trouble, too! :)

I uninstalled it once but then I couldn't use Direct CD from Easy Creator 5 (even after reinstalling). After a few months I decided to try EMC 8 again -- having forgotten why I wasn't using it. Same thing.

It tries to install or finish installing or whatever every time I restart the computer -- and spontaneously sometimes. I left the installation CD in the drive and let it do whatever it wanted. But, three days later, it is still doing this.

Online (free?) product support is ZERO, no help whatsoever that I could find. It looks like someone here may have some help for me, though?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Eddie

PS, I have uninstalled it again but it would be nice to use the software that I bought ... it is not freeware or shareware (so I could try it first and throw it away if it didn't work).

I do not understand why folks will not use a phone??? Install problems are not charged and in all cases no one is ever charged a fee unless they agree to it.

I recently bought an HP printer that would not print 2 sided documents even after the extra hardware was purchased and installed. Called HP and it was up and running inside of 15 minutes. The same thing might have worked via email but probably would have gone on for a week or more!

Randomly roxio intalls itself when I turn on my computer. Tech support as is most tech support blamed all the other programs on my computer. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this proble? Thanks

I have had the same problem. After uninstalling/reinstalling including cleaning the registry of all Sonic and Roxio items and updating Windows Installer -- I still had the same problem. Once more I did the uninstall, search for Roxio and Sonic, and cleaned out the registry. Then before installing I copied the files from the CD to the hard drive, disabled my McAfee Virus Scan, Privacy service and Firewall before attempting to reinstall from the hard drive copy. It worked. No more restart problems with Roxio and Window Installer.

Have you installed any other software or any updates after you installed EMC8? Also, what components does it randomly try to install itself?

I have let it complete the install. It started doing it after I installed roxio8. It occasionally did it when I lauched roxio 7.0. I have unstalled it reinstalled it used the roxio uninstall utility updated my video drivers ect. No luck. Thanks

If nothing works, then about the only thing left is a Format C:/. I am not having problems, but I know that I should be doing a format of the main partition. It has been 2-1/2 years since I did!

Since I got my first computer in 1991, I have never gone more than 6 months without doing a format, until now. I must be getting old. :):huh:

Roxio sent me a 3 page document on how to set up a temp user account, uninstall using add/remove, windows uninstaller, and roxiozap, then delete all files and directories with roxio or sonic, I also have a program called Windows Registry Repair Pro, which cleans the registry, 1500 items repaired (deleted) on a new install of XP, 90% were definitely roxio crap left from all of the attempted installs. After all of that my machine is stable!!! Then they want me to try and instal EMC8 again, from the temp account, reboot to my regular account and run roxio, Voila! up pops the windows installer AND THE DERN THINGS START SUCKING MY LIFE AWAY, I was up till 1:00am and back again at 6:15am. By the by it works fine on my other machine go figure. I may just have to do all of my media work on it...

Have you tried letting it complete the 're' install by following the prompts. Something must have not completed or corrupted it and needs to finish. You can also try a repair install and see if that fixes it.

Have you installed any other software or any updates after you installed EMC8? Also, what components does it randomly try to install itself?

can anyone solve this problem it is very anoying i have tried everything to get rid of this like it says above everytime you boot up it starts.

i have tried to fix it uninstall it letting the program run, i have even tried to get it off the reg but still no luck.

Please if any body knows please say ..... i dont know how long my pc will last before i give it its last boot uP !!!!!!!!

can anyone solve this problem it is very anoying i have tried everything to get rid of this like it says above everytime you boot up it starts.

i have tried to fix it uninstall it letting the program run, i have even tried to get it off the reg but still no luck.

Please if any body knows please say ..... i dont know how long my pc will last before i give it its last boot uP !!!!!!!!

If nothing works, then about the only thing left is a Format C:/. I am not having problems, but I know that I should be doing a format of the main partition. It has been 2-1/2 years since I did!

Since I got my first computer in 1991, I have never gone more than 6 months without doing a format, until now. I must be getting old. :):huh:

Archived