Unable to capture video from VHS using the USB device

sdsailor

Question

I am running Win7 64bit with Creator 2010 Special Edition (SP1). When trying to capture video from a VCR I can see the video in the preview window, but when I click "Capture Now" it starts to capture, but then flickers and then an "unkown capture error" window comes up and asks if I want to save the file. It appears to only capture about 8.3mb of data before it fails... over and over. I have the input device as the Roxio Video Capture USB device and the Capture Setting is for DVD HQ and it shows Input as Composite Video. I have a quad core 2.66Ghz with 4GB of RAM and 750GB free on the hard drive. Help!

3 answers to this question

My windows 7 looks similar to the first box. Please can you explain to a novice, not too good on jargon, how to get the driver on board.

Was the USB Device plugged into a USB 2.0 connector on the rear of the PC?

No long USB extension cord or running through a USB Hub?

Does windows make a noise when you plug the USB Device in?

cd

I am running Win7 64bit with Creator 2010 Special Edition (SP1). When trying to capture video from a VCR I can see the video in the preview window, but when I click "Capture Now" it starts to capture, but then flickers and then an "unkown capture error" window comes up and asks if I want to save the file. It appears to only capture about 8.3mb of data before it fails... over and over. I have the input device as the Roxio Video Capture USB device and the Capture Setting is for DVD HQ and it shows Input as Composite Video. I have a quad core 2.66Ghz with 4GB of RAM and 750GB free on the hard drive. Help!

I don't have a lot of experience with that setup and Win7???

You should have had the Roxio USB device plugged in when you installed Creator 2010.

If you did not, the drivers were not installed??? Easy check the drivers, Win-Pause, Device Manager – "Sound, video and game controllers".

No Device should look like this: post-39730-1261483436.jpg

Plug in the Device, should look like this: post-39730-1261483447.jpg

How does that compare to your system?

Archived