• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing native audio from MOV files in VideoWave 2010

JackSlade

Question

I'm importing MOV files into VideoWave from a VholdR ContourHD helmet cam, but the native audio does not show.

I've not had trouble with other file types, this is the first one to be a pain. Any ideas why?

The specifics on the files are:

VIDEO:

qt : Apple QuickTime (.MOV/QT)

File Type: QuickTime (.MOV)

Mime Type: video/quicktime

Recommended Display Size: 1280 x 720

Codec: avc1 H.264

AUDIO:

Codec: mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC

Info: 48000Hz 64 kb/s , mono (1/0)

I'd really like to be able to use my native audio! Any help would be much appreciated :-)

14 answers to this question

Actually it's from one of those self contained helmet cams - does HiDef: http://www.vholdr.com/contourhd/helmetcam

I use several types of these cams and a major issue is full file compatibility, what a pain...

Yeah, if I have to go into Pinnacle to re-render and export, I'll probably end up just using Pinnacle :-(

Thanks for the help :-)

Why aren't you asking the manufacture. It is clear they are not producing a fully standard file in the first place and must have had many folks contacting them about this by now.

They might just have a solution… JVC ran into something like this with their camcorders and came up with an program to run on them to make them Standard.

I just visited their site and there are plenty of folks having audio problems in their forums!

They are the ones you want to be talking to. Let us know what you find out!

I'm importing MOV files into VideoWave from a VholdR ContourHD helmet cam, but the native audio does not show.

I've not had trouble with other file types, this is the first one to be a pain. Any ideas why?

The specifics on the files are:

VIDEO:

qt : Apple QuickTime (.MOV/QT)

File Type: QuickTime (.MOV)

Mime Type: video/quicktime

Recommended Display Size: 1280 x 720

Codec: avc1 H.264

AUDIO:

Codec: mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC

Info: 48000Hz 64 kb/s , mono (1/0)

I'd really like to be able to use my native audio! Any help would be much appreciated :-)

The mono in your audio is probably the issue.

Consider reading here.

Also, 2010 Pro has Soundsoap. Steve (Sknis) has in the past noted that this program can also help with audio issues. I only recent installed Soundsoap so I haven't done that personally....

I downloaded 3 movies from their site and all were added to VW with audio intact… (most of these made my back sore just watching them)

I would be interested to see what happens when you download and try these samples???

The three were:

10_basejump_raw.mov

BoardingatWhistler_a_raw.mov

DhatSeaOtter_raw.mov

Try those and let's see what happens???

Humm, I've got a brand new quad core with 16GB ram...... No jerkyness before I changed the file extension...

Is it that Roxio just does not detect/accept a mono audio mode?

Looks like I might have to edit this in my Pinnacle Studio 14 instead :-( ?

These clips work/play perfectly in Pinnacle, but Roxio is a more stable program, prefer Roxio!

Humm, I've got a brand new quad core with 16GB ram...... No jerkyness before I changed the file extension...

Is it that Roxio just does not detect/accept a mono audio mode?

Looks like I might have to edit this in my Pinnacle Studio 14 instead :-( ?

These clips work/play perfectly in Pinnacle, but Roxio is a more stable program, prefer Roxio!

Then run them through Pinnacle and simply do an Export As (or whatever they call it) so it renders the file.

Then try that.

I am guessing these are from a Still Camera that does video w/sound?

Then run them through Pinnacle and simply do an Export As (or whatever they call it) so it renders the file.

Then try that.

I am guessing these are from a Still Camera that does video w/sound?

Actually it's from one of those self contained helmet cams - does HiDef: http://www.vholdr.com/contourhd/helmetcam

I use several types of these cams and a major issue is full file compatibility, what a pain...

Yeah, if I have to go into Pinnacle to re-render and export, I'll probably end up just using Pinnacle :-(

Thanks for the help :-)

Archived