• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

updating Easy VHS to DVD

jeffery

Question

Hi :)

Which Roxio update do I choose? Win 7 or below

The operating system is XP, the compatible logo on the box indicates the software will work in XP, Vista and Windows 7. I have yet to get the Roxio program to open (start a new project) in any mode, it's like it is locked or something. Clicking on the menus to start something just gets an arrow swooshing in a circle for a few seconds then it goes to sleep again. Before loading the Roxio I had updated windows, verified system requirements, verified the Direct x9, downloaded the Windows Media 10, then installed the Roxio, registered, plugged in the USB device connected the VHS camera, opened the Roxio but stuck now. At one point there was an info window asking about updating the driver for the ...display device? It is a intel 82865 graphics controller - main driver ialmrnt5.dll version 6.13.0010.3510 date 15/04/2003 so it is old and maybe this Roxio won't work with my system. If / when I get thru the display driver hardware update, which Roxio software update should I choose?

Windows 7 is not the operating system on this computer,

...do I pass by the update that say's Windows 7 and choose the one below that?

Thank you,

I'm tired need a break, back in a while to read replies.

13 answers to this question

Look through these two post.

Pay close attention to the screen shots.

What version do you have?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=58669

cd

Thanks cd, I am unable to open/view the images in the lower link.

The sticker on the box reads "Rev:D" and P/N 242500CA if that is any help, the program itself is not on my computor at this time to click on "about" to learn the version.

Maybe that is clear to someone, but not for me… :huh:

If the Roxio box says "Win7" it also says XP – Vista.

post-39730-1262039144.jpg

Unless you have the Roxio 2010 SE version available to you, and take the V2D back, you loose the capture device!

I have no idea what icons you are referring to, but I'll bet they all have names that you could provide???

Thanks Jim, yes the box has all 3 of the windows programs (7,Vista,XP) listed as compatible.

The icons are no longer available to name (now that most of the program has been removed) but I believe they would be the same icons that would show up if/when the Creator 2010 program is installed.

That is what was awkward, I had bought and installed the easyVHStoDVD but there was so much more that loaded on to the computor. All I can think of is that in bumping around trying to learn I clicked on a button to add the Creator 2010. Now, after attempting the clean install process Roxio 2010 is still in the start menu with 3 applications (Label Creator, MyDVD and VideoWave) as sub menus.

I'm unable to return the easyVHStoDVD (I had 14 days but it needed to be unopened) but I will need the capture device to bring in the analog signal anyway.

I would like to try re-installing the easy VHStoDVD but believe it would be best to remove the Roxio applications from the start menu first.

I started a help ticket with customer care asking about the Creator 2010 loading with the easyVHStoDVD install disc and learned they are two different programs and this would not happen. I attempted to respond to customer care to ask about removing the rest of Roxio 2010 in the start up menu but see no "update button" that is mentioned for sending a reply.

Thanks for your help here.

If you have the Creator 2010 you have no need to install the V2D software!

That software is a cut down version of a, now, out of production program…

Kind of like installing MS Office Pro 2009 and then trying to install MS Works just because you have the disc…

But the real question is What are you trying to do???

Hi :)

Which Roxio update do I choose? Win 7 or below

The operating system is XP, the compatible logo on the box indicates the software will work in XP, Vista and Windows 7. I have yet to get the Roxio program to open (start a new project) in any mode, it's like it is locked or something. Clicking on the menus to start something just gets an arrow swooshing in a circle for a few seconds then it goes to sleep again. Before loading the Roxio I had updated windows, verified system requirements, verified the Direct x9, downloaded the Windows Media 10, then installed the Roxio, registered, plugged in the USB device connected the VHS camera, opened the Roxio but stuck now. At one point there was an info window asking about updating the driver for the ...display device? It is a intel 82865 graphics controller - main driver ialmrnt5.dll version 6.13.0010.3510 date 15/04/2003 so it is old and maybe this Roxio won't work with my system. If / when I get thru the display driver hardware update, which Roxio software update should I choose?

Windows 7 is not the operating system on this computer,

...do I pass by the update that say's Windows 7 and choose the one below that?

Thank you,

I'm tired need a break, back in a while to read replies.

Not really sure when you installed the program if you had the Capture device plugged into a uSB port (preferably one in the back of your computer). When you install the program you should have the Capture device plugged into a uSB port. And when you get the default wizzard to install a Capture device driver, cancel out of it immediately as the program installation will install the correct driver.

As far as the update for the program and if you are using XP as your operating system, use the one I have shown in the attached pic.

Frank...

Thanks cd, I am unable to open/view the images in the lower link.

Log-in to the forum and they should be visible...

If you have the Creator 2010 you have no need to install the V2D software!

That software is a cut down version of a, now, out of production program…

Kind of like installing MS Office Pro 2009 and then trying to install MS Works just because you have the disc…

But the real question is What are you trying to do???

I agree with Jim, bold text above...

The W-7 version is different as we've seen screen shots of Media Import based on C2010....

cd

Not really sure when you installed the program if you had the Capture device plugged into a uSB port (preferably one in the back of your computer). When you install the program you should have the Capture device plugged into a uSB port. And when you get the default wizzard to install a Capture device driver, cancel out of it immediately as the program installation will install the correct driver.

As far as the update for the program and if you are using XP as your operating system, use the one I have shown in the attached pic.

Frank...

Thank you Frank, Thought I had followed the steps in the "Getting Started Guide" but unsure if the Capture device was plugged into a USB port during the install or after. The "Getting Started Guide" that came with this kit has plugging in the device as step #3, does that mean during the install?

So I tried removing Roxio with add/remove programs in the Control Panel but searching for Roxio files after that found (47?) still on the computer. I left them alone and did a new install with the Capture device plugged in a back panel USB port from the start. Entered the CD key again, located/downloaded the correct update and moved it to the desktop but when I try to open or run the SP2.exe there is an error "software not found" and asks to have the program re-installed.

What would be the correct method to re-install ?

One other point I'm unfamiliar on .. do I need to also have the Creator software in order to use EasyVHStoDVD ? I saw the other product at the store where I purchased EasyVHStoDVD and now I see "Creator 2010" in the start > programs menu but I did not purchase any Creator 2010 software.

Jeffery

The links cd pointed you to are so you can make a side by side comparison with your PC to make sure you have it correctly installed… he did not go to all that trouble for your casual glance!

It might be better if you have a friend who has some computer knowledge and invite them over to review this topic with you. Things have been spelled out in a clear an concise manner and you aren't really understanding them.

There is a lot to learn and I appreciate the helpful replies. I understood cd was using those links for me to respond with what version I was working with, and I tried to answer quickly while still working on removing all Roxio, Sonic, EMC and SmartSound for a clean install. I had nothing to compare to at the time, I'll keep reading/working to understand and come back to the links if I choose to keep the software. I'll ask friends for help too. Bye for now. Thanks everyone.

Log-in to the forum and they should be visible...

I agree with Jim, bold text above...

The W-7 version is different as we've seen screen shots of Media Import based on C2010....

cd

okay yes, I can see the images for both links now, this morning I only saw the images for the top link. maybe I got bumped out or I clicked out of being logged in.

In the top link screen shots I see the VHS to DVD software being installed, which is what I was doing.

In the bottom link screen shots I see the Ceator 2010 Pro being installed, which is not what I was doing.

But maybe this does not answer your question about which version I am using? If so let me know and I'll have another look.

The easyVHStoDVD box I have looks to be a Windows 7 (W-7?) version because it has Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on it.

V2D = "VHS to DVD" ?

I found Creator 2010 on sale in London Drugs yesterday but leaving it sealed (to be able to return it) until I learn if the easy VHStoDVD will work well enough to do what I want, which is transfer a friends 8mm analog home movies to DVD.

The Creator 2010 box that I picked up on Sale has the same Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on it as the easy VHStoDVD (or V2D)

If I decide to keep and try out the Creator 2010 for editing then I understand that the V2D software would not be needed in order to make use of the capture device, correct?

Maybe I'l try going thru the clean instal process once more to see if I overlooked something that would have left the Creator 2010 (which I never had in the first place) in my menu.

(maybe this V2D install disc is incorrect,)

Thank you.

okay yes, I can see the images for both links now, this morning I only saw the images for the top link. maybe I got bumped out or I clicked out of being logged in.

In the top link screen shots I see the VHS to DVD software being installed, which is what I was doing.

In the bottom link screen shots I see the Ceator 2010 Pro being installed, which is not what I was doing.

But maybe this does not answer your question about which version I am using? If so let me know and I'll have another look.

The easyVHStoDVD box I have looks to be a Windows 7 (W-7?) version because it has Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on it.

V2D = "VHS to DVD" ?

I found Creator 2010 on sale in London Drugs yesterday but leaving it sealed (to be able to return it) until I learn if the easy VHStoDVD will work well enough to do what I want, which is transfer a friends 8mm analog home movies to DVD.

The Creator 2010 box that I picked up on Sale has the same Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP on it as the easy VHStoDVD (or V2D)

If I decide to keep and try out the Creator 2010 for editing then I understand that the V2D software would not be needed in order to make use of the capture device, correct?

Maybe I'l try going thru the clean instal process once more to see if I overlooked something that would have left the Creator 2010 (which I never had in the first place) in my menu.

(maybe this V2D install disc is incorrect,)

Thank you.

The links cd pointed you to are so you can make a side by side comparison with your PC to make sure you have it correctly installed… he did not go to all that trouble for your casual glance!

It might be better if you have a friend who has some computer knowledge and invite them over to review this topic with you. Things have been spelled out in a clear an concise manner and you aren't really understanding them.

Is the easyVHStoDVD installation cd designed to place Creator 2010 in the startup menu?

I'm using XP Home Version 2002 SP3 and Internet Explorer 7

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 0.98GB of Ram

...and investing holiday time learning about Roxio, I had a desire to convert some old 8mm tapes for a friend and decided to buy the easyVHStoDVD box from Wallmart, plug in, press go and burn.

Unless I unknowingly clicked on buttons to do so, this installation cd loaded a lot of optional icons for software I was not looking for and unable to use.

I did eventualy get a short test dvd burned that worked great although hit a few bumps along the way.

The paper manual that came with the new software package I bought last week (EASY VHS To DVD/CA Rev:D P/N: 242500CA) says load the program, and then plug in the capture device. The pdf file manual in the pinned post on this forum says plug in the capture device first (a helpful member here gave me a heads up on that as well as to also use a USB on the back of the computor if possible)

To remove the program was like (to me) unwrapping an octupus but the Clean Install instructions posted on the forum here guided me through (and there were other issues besides the Roxio and Sonic files)

Now I still have Roxio 2010 (and 3 applications) showing up in the start menu, did I miss something in the Clean Install or do I just need to go into the c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs and delete the Roxio folder?

I don't know our local Wallmart return policy on software yet (I see the Roxio Company return policy does not cover me) and I saw Creator 2010 on the shelf when I picked up the easy VHSto DVD and it would be fun to have editing abilities but will see what they say when I go visit.

Thanks for your help!

Is the easyVHStoDVD installation cd designed to place Creator 2010 in the startup menu?

I'm using XP Home Version 2002 SP3 and Internet Explorer 7

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 0.98GB of Ram

...and investing holiday time learning about Roxio, I had a desire to convert some old 8mm tapes for a friend and decided to buy the easyVHStoDVD box from Wallmart, plug in, press go and burn.

Unless I unknowingly clicked on buttons to do so, this installation cd loaded a lot of optional icons for software I was not looking for and unable to use.

I did eventualy get a short test dvd burned that worked great although hit a few bumps along the way.

The paper manual that came with the new software package I bought last week (EASY VHS To DVD/CA Rev:D P/N: 242500CA) says load the program, and then plug in the capture device. The pdf file manual in the pinned post on this forum says plug in the capture device first (a helpful member here gave me a heads up on that as well as to also use a USB on the back of the computor if possible)

To remove the program was like (to me) unwrapping an octupus but the Clean Install instructions posted on the forum here guided me through (and there were other issues besides the Roxio and Sonic files)

Now I still have Roxio 2010 (and 3 applications) showing up in the start menu, did I miss something in the Clean Install or do I just need to go into the c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs and delete the Roxio folder?

I don't know our local Wallmart return policy on software yet (I see the Roxio Company return policy does not cover me) and I saw Creator 2010 on the shelf when I picked up the easy VHSto DVD and it would be fun to have editing abilities but will see what they say when I go visit.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe that is clear to someone, but not for me… :huh:

If the Roxio box says "Win7" it also says XP – Vista.

post-39730-1262039144.jpg

Unless you have the Roxio 2010 SE version available to you, and take the V2D back, you loose the capture device!

I have no idea what icons you are referring to, but I'll bet they all have names that you could provide???

Archived