Problem With MyDVD

SoccerMgr

Question

I tried the instructions provided.

Use Roxio to produce the .dmsm file

Open Sonic MyDVD

File/New/DVD Project (I don't see an option for no menus so assume that I just don't select?)

Click the Get Movies icon on the left

select my .dmsm file but then receive the error:

"One or more files could not be imported

"MyDVD does not support this file type. Check the user guide for details on supported files"

What am I missing? Is Roxio working on the ability to create a DVD without the Menu so one doesn't need two applications to create DVDs that can be read/played? I'd like to be able to use the burner within Roxio Easy Media Creator. Is that possible, without having hte menu page?

6 answers to this question

What version of the software do you really have?

Turns out I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. WHen I saw the exact issues that I'm having when I reviewed these posts (version 2009), I didn't think twice. I was able to do what I needed but it was using Videowave to create the file, converting that to a real video type, upload this file into Sonic MyDVD and then burn the file.

Does the newest version for Roxio allow one to burn a readable DVD without the menu page without going through another application? I am not apposed to purchasing new software but I want a single application that will allow me to create a playable DVD.

THank you for any feedback!

Turns out I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. WHen I saw the exact issues that I'm having when I reviewed these posts (version 2009), I didn't think twice. I was able to do what I needed but it was using Videowave to create the file, converting that to a real video type, upload this file into Sonic MyDVD and then burn the file.

Does the newest version for Roxio allow one to burn a readable DVD without the menu page without going through another application? I am not apposed to purchasing new software but I want a single application that will allow me to create a playable DVD.

????? Look at the applications you have in EMC 7; one of them is MyDVD. That will burn the projects to a disc. No need to go to Sonic MyDVD if that is a separate application on your computer.

If you open DVD Builder, in EMC 7, you can bring in your .dmsm VideoWave file, without outputting from VideoWave. You can then burn it to a DVD.

When you open DVD Builder, click on File/New Project, and select DVD. Bring in your VideoWave file. Then click File, then on Project Settings, and select Repeat Title.

Then click on Burn. Select Best for quality.

I think that going the Repeat Title causes the DVD to start playing immediately, when you put it in your DVD player, instead of going to a menu. I am not sure though, because it has been a few years since I did an EMC 7 production that way.

DVD Builder changed names in later versions. It is called MyDVD, like the old Sonic name, and you can choose not to have a menu in the slection of type of project that you want.

Archived