AVCHD and LG player & TV

ggrussell

Hey everyone - just to pass on my recent experience. I created an AVCHD on DVD project and burned to DVD-R. I'm visiting my nephew in GA who has a new LG setup with LG 52" LED backlit HDTV (240hz) and LG Bluray player. The AVCHD disc plays, but was surprised to see an issue when panning. Not the usual jaggies, but a 'jumpy' horizontal line every 30 or 40 lines down. I was shooting for HQ 1920x1080p, but i was over about 2min. So the project was burned in 1920x1080i. One of the kids got a PS3 for Xmas so I'll try it out on that later, too. Will find out if the issue is how the LG decodes the video or not.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Hey everyone - just to pass on my recent experience. I created an AVCHD on DVD project and burned to DVD-R. I'm visiting my nephew in GA who has a new LG setup with LG 52" LED backlit HDTV (240hz) and LG Bluray player. The AVCHD disc plays, but was surprised to see an issue when panning. Not the usual jaggies, but a 'jumpy' horizontal line every 30 or 40 lines down. I was shooting for HQ 1920x1080p, but i was over about 2min. So the project was burned in 1920x1080i. One of the kids got a PS3 for Xmas so I'll try it out on that later, too. Will find out if the issue is how the LG decodes the video or not.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Good to see you posting Gary Hope you and yours all have a wondeful Christmas and new year as well. 52"LED---Nice !!!

Frank...

Archived