• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Highlighting, Selection and Controls

steims

Question

Not new to Roxio but new to Creator 2010. I have 2 questions below if I could get some help.

Spent over 2 days trying to create a 2 hour youth football dvd from a sony HD handycam. My problem is with the DVD menu and controls. The movie, menu, background music is all perfect on the player in Creator. However, after I burn the DVD, and playback on various computers or standalone DVD players, the menu button links are invisible and way left of the actual button. Also, the next chapter button is non-functional so I can't jump from one chapter to next. Have to do complete playthrough or fast forward.

What's up with this?

I have used different preloaded menus (Waterfall and sports). Standard background music and custom.

I have burned on different computers. I have tried Sony and Maxell DVD -R discs. I have rendered in software and hardware. The disc image thing doesn't seem to help either.

The laptop software install was clean and the desktop required reinstalling.

Video card drivers are updated. I have downloaded Roxio SP1 also.

BTW, it takes about 3- 4 hours to burn this DVD on Standard Play. Is that normal?

Desktop

Dell XPS400

Windows XP, SP3

Nvidia GeForce 6800

Laptop

Dell XPS M1530

Windows Vista, 32 bit

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT

3 answers to this question

This issue has evidently been around for years and a number of versions. I've used V7 with the same issue. On most players, once the DVD is loaded, I can push stop and then play and it will play. This is a hokey work around though.

There is a discussion thread on V2009 that states:

"Use the VideoWave first then MyDVD instead of just burn data disc. From videowave, save the project from there as a dmsm project file using "File/Save project as" then exit Videowave. Launch myDVD and then select the option to create a DVD, no menus: File/New Project/DVD, no menus. THen using Add New Movie, navigate to where the dmsm project file was stored and select to add to the myDVD project. Now burn and the DVD should be created with no menu.

BTW. there is nothing wrong with the DVD you created. As Larry has posted that is how all DVDs with menus behave and your sister should have no problem playing it. The only thing is that your sister might not be able to play RW DVDs. The only thing that could be different is if you added chapters to your movie and chose to make chapter menus, it will go to that menu where you select the chapter to start from.

If you don't want a menu, then use the DVD-No Menu option in MyDVD. Keep in mind, making that kind of disc, the movie will repeat it self automatically until you stop it."

I was hoping that this was resolved in the latest version. Any input from anyone else on this? The need is to be able to create a DVD that is playable on DVD players.

Not new to Roxio but new to Creator 2010. I have 2 questions below if I could get some help.

Spent over 2 days trying to create a 2 hour youth football dvd from a sony HD handycam. My problem is with the DVD menu and controls. The movie, menu, background music is all perfect on the player in Creator. However, after I burn the DVD, and playback on various computers or standalone DVD players, the menu button links are invisible and way left of the actual button. Also, the next chapter button is non-functional so I can't jump from one chapter to next. Have to do complete playthrough or fast forward.

What's up with this?

I have used different preloaded menus (Waterfall and sports). Standard background music and custom.

I have burned on different computers. I have tried Sony and Maxell DVD -R discs. I have rendered in software and hardware. The disc image thing doesn't seem to help either.

The laptop software install was clean and the desktop required reinstalling.

Video card drivers are updated. I have downloaded Roxio SP1 also.

BTW, it takes about 3- 4 hours to burn this DVD on Standard Play. Is that normal?

Desktop

Dell XPS400

Windows XP, SP3

Nvidia GeForce 6800

Laptop

Dell XPS M1530

Windows Vista, 32 bit

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT

Is your rendering mode set to Software? If yes, then switch it to Hardware (Tools/Option in myDVD). I believe this problem only occurs in C2010.

3-4 hours to render/burn a 2 hour video is quite good.

By chapters do you mean the titles on the main menu page or sub-divisions of a Title on the main menu page?

Also, a standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any longer and it has to be compressed with a resulting loss of quality.

Is your rendering mode set to Software? If yes, then switch it to Hardware (Tools/Option in myDVD). I believe this problem only occurs in C2010.

3-4 hours to render/burn a 2 hour video is quite good.

By chapters do you mean the titles on the main menu page or sub-divisions of a Title on the main menu page?

Also, a standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any longer and it has to be compressed with a resulting loss of quality.

I have tried both rendering modes but will go with Hardware from now on. Thanks for the info on render/burn time.

By chapter I meant the individual titles on the main menu page. I have not tried to use sub-division or submenus. As I added movies, they created titles on the main menu. In my example of a football game, there was 1 movie/title for Pregame, one for 1st Half, one for Halftime and one for 2nd Half.

Archived