• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Output as... trouble

wcwingate

Question

7 answers to this question

VideoWave hangs whenever I either try to export the .dmsm file to any other format, or when I try to burn the file to a disc. All I want to do is export my slide show to an .avi or mpeg file but it seems impossible.

This problem has something to do with encoding and output to Pal. I finally gave up on Roxio and downloaded a free slideshow program, Photostage, and in 10 minutes produced the slideshow .avi file that I want to play on another mini-computer, similar to a digital frame.

This problem has something to do with encoding and output to Pal. I finally gave up on Roxio and downloaded a free slideshow program, Photostage, and in 10 minutes produced the slideshow .avi file that I want to play on another mini-computer, similar to a digital frame.

You never bothered to explain exactly what you are doing so nobody was able to offer any help.

Outputting to an avi file using Videowave is simple. Encoding and outputting to PAL has nothing to do with it. Its your 1.8Ghz system that is the problem :blink:

I have the same problem. Have spent 7 hours trying to output a Roxio-created dsmd file to any format other than a DVD because I want to use the movie on a mini-computer with no DVD drive. The video is 3 minutes, no audio, just a slideshow, no effects. I have tried outputing to .avi, mpeg, wmv ... all in vain. As soon as I press 'create movie', the preview window opens and hangs, i.e., stops responding. Have done clean uninstall, reinstall and update 3 times. Nothing solves the problem.

VAIO, 1.83 GH, 1GB ram, 31 GB available disk space, NVIDIA graphics card, latest version of DirectX, latest px engine ... am looking for a better, more reliable software program, any suggestions?

Running XP, SP.

I have the same problem. Have spent 7 hours trying to output a Roxio-created dsmd file to any format other than a DVD because I want to use the movie on a mini-computer with no DVD drive. The video is 3 minutes, no audio, just a slideshow, no effects. I have tried outputing to .avi, mpeg, wmv ... all in vain. As soon as I press 'create movie', the preview window opens and hangs, i.e., stops responding. Have done clean uninstall, reinstall and update 3 times. Nothing solves the problem.

VAIO, 1.83 GH, 1GB ram, 31 GB available disk space, NVIDIA graphics card, latest version of DirectX, latest px engine ... am looking for a better, more reliable software program, any suggestions?

Running XP, SP.

Why are you using myDVD to create a video file? You should be using Videowave.

Instead of looking for "a better, more reliable software program", I suggest you get a better computer. Your system barely meets the minimum specs (which are a joke ).

Some better details on what you are exactly doing might also help.

Why are you using myDVD to create a video file? You should be using Videowave.

Instead of looking for "a better, more reliable software program", I suggest you get a better computer. Your system barely meets the minimum specs (which are a joke ).

Some better details on what you are exactly doing might also help.

VideoWave hangs whenever I either try to export the .dmsm file to any other format, or when I try to burn the file to a disc. All I want to do is export my slide show to an .avi or mpeg file but it seems impossible.

I have spent hours trying to output my videowave project. I have tried all the different formats. Some get all the way to 99% complete and then just hang. What am I doing wrong. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!

You will have to supply some details before anybody can help. :blink:

What is the source of your input? What is the time length of your video? Are you adding any effects, transitions? The more details you supply the easier it will be to help you.

What are your system specs, especially video card?

You will have to supply some details before anybody can help. :blink:

What is the source of your input? What is the time length of your video? Are you adding any effects, transitions? The more details you supply the easier it will be to help you.

What are your system specs, especially video card?

Thanks for the response. I captured video using a logitech webcam. The time is just shy of 5 min; mpg file about 300mb. No effects, however, I'd like to. that's another subject in itself, the content cd loads, but i can never access any effects.

I have a ZT computer Intel Core 2 quad q9300. Vid card is NVIDIA GeFroce 9400. I have 4 gig ram. Asus main board. XP

Archived