Video Capture DVD

RoyRodger

Question

I have just received my VHS to DVD set, but the video capture usb isnt recognized by my PC. I am still on Windows XP. I also downloaded the zip file and installed the driver as described. Doesnt work ! Where can I get a driver for the usb device? The setup program (which actually is supposed to be a file by the name of :RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.exe) and comes as a setup.exe file, still doesnt work. If I can get the correct driver I can load the driver via the normal driver update process. Please help !

Thanx for the responses. I have moved the USB device to the back of my PC and "voila" -problem solved. I am quite new to this and would like to know if there is a more comprehensive guide on how to use the system. For example 1. Can I also save the video to a hard drive and then copy to DVD. 2. I copied the video to the hard drive and then when playing it back it is very jerky. 3. I can never get to the point where I can click "finish" to get the DVD to be burned - when I click Capture it automatically starts burning the DVD but doesnt finish and I loose a DVD each time.

2 answers to this question

Thanx for the responses. I have moved the USB device to the back of my PC and "voila" -problem solved. I am quite new to this and would like to know if there is a more comprehensive guide on how to use the system. For example 1. Can I also save the video to a hard drive and then copy to DVD. 2. I copied the video to the hard drive and then when playing it back it is very jerky. 3. I can never get to the point where I can click "finish" to get the DVD to be burned - when I click Capture it automatically starts burning the DVD but doesnt finish and I loose a DVD each time. It often comes up with "no signal" box.

I have just received my VHS to DVD set, but the video capture usb isnt recognized by my PC. I am still on Windows XP. I also downloaded the zip file and installed the driver as described. Doesnt work ! Where can I get a driver for the usb device? The setup program (which actually is supposed to be a file by the name of :RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.exe) and comes as a setup.exe file, still doesnt work. If I can get the correct driver I can load the driver via the normal driver update process. Please help !

Click # 13 in my signature, I would print it out and follow it to the 'T'...

13.Click here.Clean install instructions for Creator 2009 & 2010 on Windows XP

Look through this before your next reinstall..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=49170

cd

Archived