MyDVD and ISOs

awm12911

Question

I bought myDVD 8 but still have some legacy projects build with myDVD 6 that I've been trying to burn...

myDVD 6 seems to behave differently if I write out an ISO or burn directly to disc. ISO movies do not return to the main menu when they are done playing, they loop back to the beginning of the video. Direct burn DVDs don't suffer from this issue but usually suffer from pauses and skips in playback. It seems my choices are subpar burnt dvds or ISO generated dvds that behave strangely at the end of playback. The same project will yeild both results depending on how I create the dvd.

Any ideas on why mydvd 6 generated ISOs don't jump back to the main menu after video playback? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

MyDVD 6 is a legacy Sonic product; My DVD 8 has very little, if anything, in common with MyDVD 6. You would have to be lucky in finding someone who knows MyDVD 6 on this board but i would not count on it. You may have better luck using the Sonic support site.

I bought myDVD 8 but still have some legacy projects build with myDVD 6 that I've been trying to burn...

myDVD 6 seems to behave differently if I write out an ISO or burn directly to disc. ISO movies do not return to the main menu when they are done playing, they loop back to the beginning of the video. Direct burn DVDs don't suffer from this issue but usually suffer from pauses and skips in playback. It seems my choices are subpar burnt dvds or ISO generated dvds that behave strangely at the end of playback. The same project will yeild both results depending on how I create the dvd.

Any ideas on why mydvd 6 generated ISOs don't jump back to the main menu after video playback? Thanks!

Guest ivanatrox

sknis, MyDVD 6.x is not legacy yet... Sonic still supports it... but you were right that MyDVD 8 has very little, if anything, in common with MyDVD 6.

Ivan

Archived