• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message - No items match your search

fishwickd

Question

I am new to Roxio. I am starting by trying burn some photos from my hard disc onto a CD. I get to the browse button ready to select the photos for burning. That takes me through to my C drive and I see the various photo folders as I would expect. When I click on any of the folders I get the error message "no items match your search". Just to test the system I tried the same thing with a couple of MP3 tracks and they seemed to load from my C drive onto the software no problem. Can anyone help please?

Regards

Derek

10 answers to this question

I am new to Roxio. I am starting by trying burn some photos from my hard disc onto a CD. I get to the browse button ready to select the photos for burning. That takes me through to my C drive and I see the various photo folders as I would expect. When I click on any of the folders I get the error message "no items match your search". Just to test the system I tried the same thing with a couple of MP3 tracks and they seemed to load from my C drive onto the software no problem. Can anyone help please?

Regards

Derek

What program from the C2009 suite are you using? Do simply want to archive your photos? You will have to supply some more info on what your are doing.

What program from the C2009 suite are you using? Do simply want to archive your photos? You will have to supply some more info on what your are doing.

Thanks very much for the reply. I am in Roxio Creator DE 2009. This is the first time that I have used it, as it came free with my Dell Inspiron laptop. I am wondering whether its an incomplete version. Maybe I need to pay to get full functionality, but there is nothing to tell me that.

I am trying to create a photo CD to give to my friend or to put into my CD/DVD player to show photos on the TV. I am selecting the "copy", then "copy disc" then "burn image to disc". That then brings up a menu with 3 items. The first item has "browse" on it. That should enable me to select files from my hard disc to burn onto the CD. I can see the list of files but when I try to open one to preview the individual photos I get the error message.

Grateful for your advice.

Derek

What you did was try to burn an image file to a disc.That won't work for what you're trying to do.That's why the search came back that way,you have no image files (mostly .iso) to burn.

I'm not sure what comes with the Dell version but you need Creator Classic or if you only have the Home app maybe try Burn Data Disc.This would let you burn the photos to a disc.This would just be a disc with the pictures on it,not a slideshow.

There is no such thing as "Roxio Creator DE 2009"!

There is "Roxio Creator 2009".

There is an "EMC 9 DE" and even a couple others…

Open the Home app and read the program name line at the top.

Here are a few samples:

post-39730-1261654493.jpg

Jim

Thanks for trying to help.

Its "Easy Media Creator 9" on the screen when it opens up. On the programme name line its "Roxio Creator DE". In the help menu the software is described as:

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.116

Build: 901B16M, DL2

Serial Number: (not needed - jeh)

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Could it be that Dell had bundled some third rate software with important bits missing?

Derek

Once again I will repeat.What you tried will not do what you want.

On the left side of your screen go to Data and then Burn a Data Disc.

Dell is licensed by Roxio to include a version on their machines that has been made up especially for them.What's in that version is up to Dell and you'll have to speak to them about that.

If what you have won't do the trick then upgrading to a full version will.

What you did was try to burn an image file to a disc.That won't work for what you're trying to do.That's why the search came back that way,you have no image files (mostly .iso) to burn.

I'm not sure what comes with the Dell version but you need Creator Classic or if you only have the Home app maybe try Burn Data Disc.This would let you burn the photos to a disc.This would just be a disc with the pictures on it,not a slideshow.

Thanks Tbrewst, I think I am concluding that I need to get a full version of the software. If what I have go has only limited functions then its no good to me. I was going to download the Roxio Media Creator 2010 via Cnet to try it before I bought it, but I read the reviews and there were a large number of 1 star ratings with comments as bad as I have every read. Not sure what to do. The combination of the Dell version that does not work and those really negative comments really put me off. Am I right to be wary?

Regards

Derek

Lots of people are using Creator 2010,including most of the Gurus.

True,like any other software there are various minor problems but mostly the software works as described.

It will allow you to do what you're trying to accomplish and much more.

Take a look here and make sure you at least fit the minimum requirements if not more.

Once again I will repeat.What you tried will not do what you want.

On the left side of your screen go to Data and then Burn a Data Disc.

Dell is licensed by Roxio to include a version on their machines that has been made up especially for them.What's in that version is up to Dell and you'll have to speak to them about that.

If what you have won't do the trick then upgrading to a full version will.

Of course, you are right. It works perfectly. I have now burned the photos onto the CD and put it in my DVD player and it works perfectly. Looks like the problem is that this version comes with very limited apps and I will need to upgrade.

Thanks very much for you time and help. :)

Derek

Archived