• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install Issue

lewisclan

Question

Hello,

A friend of purchased the roxio 2010PRO cd's online and received them. He is running win 7 home premium 32bit OS. I started to install off of the first cd and it comes back with an error stating it can not install on this OS. I then copied all of the files to seperate directories and started the installation from the first directory and it errors out with a runtime error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Hello,

A friend of purchased the roxio 2010PRO cd's online and received them. He is running win 7 home premium 32bit OS. I started to install off of the first cd and it comes back with an error stating it can not install on this OS. I then copied all of the files to seperate directories and started the installation from the first directory and it errors out with a runtime error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

They are DVD's and you can't share them! One Software = One PC.

Unfortunately, your post can be read two ways. Are you installing your friend's DVD on your friend's computer or are you trying to install your friend's DVD on your computer?

Did your friend buy them directly from Roxio, from a on-line store or from someone on an e-bay type site?

Does your friend have another version of Roxio program pre-installed on the friend's computer? Is the W7 OS a beta or an RC version? Was it an upgrade or a clean install?

As you can see, you will have to provide more information before we can become a good resource for the installation.

This is for W7 Pro 64bit but perhaps there are some hints you can get from the first couple of paragraphs.

I was trying to install it on his computer, I have my own. He bought the software from Roxio.com. Win 7 official release, he bought win 7 home premium 32 bit that could be installed on 3 pc's. I'm trying to install it on one of them. No other Roxio program is installed. This is a new installl.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Lewisclan

Archived