roxio 2010 does not recognize my cd drives

rjsmith99

Question

When I make an MP3 disc the program all of a sudden does not recognize my drives. It worked fine for the last couple of months. I did a repair. Did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked 1 time. When I got ready to record my 2nd disc, again , the program was not recognizing any of my drives. Anyone have any ideas?

4 answers to this question

When I make an MP3 disc the program all of a sudden does not recognize my drives. It worked fine for the last couple of months. I did a repair. Did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked 1 time. When I got ready to record my 2nd disc, again , the program was not recognizing any of my drives. Anyone have any ideas?

Turn off any registry cleaners you have; it may be deleting a necessary.dll. How much time between the two attempts? Are you getting any error messages? If Roxio is not recognizing the burner, can you still use the burner with another application?

Turn off any registry cleaners you have; it may be deleting a necessary.dll. How much time between the two attempts? Are you getting any error messages? If Roxio is not recognizing the burner, can you still use the burner with another application?

Thanks for your response. I will turn off my registry cleaner and try that. But, I run this program on another computer, same OS, same registry cleaner and it doesn't affect that one. As far as the time between attempts, I should clarify. When I do a repair or reinstall, it works fine. It's when I shut my computer down and restart it. Then Roxio doesn't recognize. And finally, I can use the burner with other programs after Roxio stops recognizing.

Thanks for your response. I will turn off my registry cleaner and try that. But, I run this program on another computer, same OS, same registry cleaner and it doesn't affect that one. As far as the time between attempts, I should clarify. When I do a repair or reinstall, it works fine. It's when I shut my computer down and restart it. Then Roxio doesn't recognize. And finally, I can use the burner with other programs after Roxio stops recognizing.

Try this PX Engine 3.0 http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

To install the PX Engine update:

1. Download the version (above) to your desktop.
  2. Unzip the file.
  3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

Try this PX Engine 3.0 http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

To install the PX Engine update:

1. Download the version (above) to your desktop.
  2. Unzip the file.
  3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

I tried that, but it didn't fix

Archived