• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2010 LP and Tapes not responding

wisgg46

Question

I have been trying to convert a couple of cassette tapes to cd. I have been successful with simple song files but when I try to convert an audio book the system will capture the entire audio file to create a large mp3 file. When I click on the next to go to the selection that has the different tracks listed (40+) Roxio becomes non-responsive. I end up ending the session. Then I have the large mp3 file and don't know what application to use to convert the single mp3 file into the different tracks.

Any suggestions.

Jerry

3 answers to this question

Are you trying to convert an audio book on tape to put on a digital player? I don't think it will work according to the instructions cited below. I doubt if there is any kind of signal on the tapes to show where a chapter ends and another begins. Are the tapes copy protected or does the captured audio sound OK.

Open the Learning Center tab on the home page and go to the music/audio tab. There is a video and a pdf that tell you how to do the audio book. What else do you have running when the program becomes non-responsive. Are you connected to the INTERNET? Once you have follow the directions, come back and let us know if you still have problems.

If nothing else, Sound Editor will break the file into separate cuts. It will do it automatically if there is sufficient silence between chapters and less silence in the chapter. You can do it manually but plan on taking some time to do it.

Yes, I am trying to convert an audio book on tape to put on cd. I no longer have a car with tape input. As a result I wanted to convert the tape to cd format so I can listen in the car.

I tried several times to convert a couple different audio books. Since I only have three (3) audio books and they are relatively short. I decided not to break them into separate tracks. Therefore, the problem is not resolved but I have a work around.

Jerry

I have been trying to convert a couple of cassette tapes to cd. I have been successful with simple song files but when I try to convert an audio book the system will capture the entire audio file to create a large mp3 file. When I click on the next to go to the selection that has the different tracks listed (40+) Roxio becomes non-responsive. I end up ending the session. Then I have the large mp3 file and don't know what application to use to convert the single mp3 file into the different tracks.

Any suggestions.

Jerry

Are you trying to convert an audio book on tape to put on a digital player? I don't think it will work according to the instructions cited below. I doubt if there is any kind of signal on the tapes to show where a chapter ends and another begins. Are the tapes copy protected or does the captured audio sound OK.

Open the Learning Center tab on the home page and go to the music/audio tab. There is a video and a pdf that tell you how to do the audio book. What else do you have running when the program becomes non-responsive. Are you connected to the INTERNET? Once you have follow the directions, come back and let us know if you still have problems.

If nothing else, Sound Editor will break the file into separate cuts. It will do it automatically if there is sufficient silence between chapters and less silence in the chapter. You can do it manually but plan on taking some time to do it.

Archived