• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need to convert single .vob file to 9 .avi files

PaulV

Question

Hi:

I have a concert of my band I recorded on a Sony mini-dvd Camcorder (DVD DCR201) that created a VIDEO_TS folder containing .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files. One of the .VOB files is the actual video stream.

I need to take this file (1 chapter with 8 songs- we did not start/stop the video between songs) and convert it to 8 .AVI files (or something web based so as not to loose any of the sound or video quality).

Also, I would like to create 8 chapters and place it back on dvd. I'm looking to be able to select the song to play.

Next time, we'll be starting/stoping between songs, but I need a way to do this.

Thanks,

Paul

4 answers to this question

Sounds you like want to create 8 clips out of that video.

Copy the video folder set to your hard drive.

Use Videowave to bring in the video. Then use the split function to isolate each clip. Export each clip as mpg file. Do this until you have created individual mpeg file for each of the 8 songs.

Open MyDVD (DVD with menu). Bring in all the 8 mpg files as separate movies. Then edit the title of each file (title of the song). Preview the movie. If happy burn to an image file. Then burn the image file onto DVD.

To make your 8 AVI files you'll need to get a third-party convertor since Roxio seems to have abandoned DivX/XviD support.

Check at www.divx.com. They have a good convertor in their bundle. Put the 8 mpeg files you made with the instructions above through this convertor to create AVIs. They will be good quality but only about a 6th of the original file size.

Sounds you like want to create 8 clips out of that video.

Copy the video folder set to your hard drive.

Use Videowave to bring in the video. Then use the split function to isolate each clip. Export each clip as mpg file. Do this until you have created individual mpeg file for each of the 8 songs.

Open MyDVD (DVD with menu). Bring in all the 8 mpg files as separate movies. Then edit the title of each file (title of the song). Preview the movie. If happy burn to an image file. Then burn the image file onto DVD.

I see that MyDVD is part of Roxio Creator 2010. Is Videowave part of Roxio Creator 2010? If so, which function is it. Thanks